+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It was a great way for the film makers to make money to pay for more film making

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh look. If it raises awareness then it's a good thing. I wouldn't donate to this campaign, but if it gets people thinking, and donating to great charities like Amnesty International etc, then I'm happy.

But I will say, really? Hitler's birthday. Oh come on. It's also my lover's birthday too. It's just a date.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

earthfairy  (16-03-2012),Gruffalo  (18-03-2012),Witwicky  (16-03-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't looked into it a great deal, have only read a handful of articles, but I'm always quite wary of this sort of thing. There are so many aspects of it which just seem odd. I don't trust a lot of charities as it is

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Oh look. If it raises awareness then it's a good thing. I wouldn't donate to this campaign, but if it gets people thinking, and donating to great charities like Amnesty International etc, then I'm happy.

But I will say, really? Hitler's birthday. Oh come on. It's also my lover's birthday too. It's just a date.
    Yeah that bit was a bit, err, far fetched Lots of people are born on 20 April
    Last edited by Witwicky; 16-03-2012 at 10:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm trying to keep the conspiracy side out, although I could harp on about the numerological significance of certain dates in a religious sense...
    And seeing that this group is a religious organization......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No comment about the oil?
    Anyone else wonder why all the focus on "bad leaders" seem to be in oil based nations? Saddam, Gaddaffi -sp- now kony...
    And it's not like the governments didn't know about people being murdered, so why now, prompted by this vid, no, this vid was made to get your ok on going in there

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bronny-jane View Post
    I'm trying to keep the conspiracy side out, although I could harp on about the numerological significance of certain dates in a religious sense...
    And seeing that this group is a religious organization......
    Don't get me wrong, I love conspiracy theories...but you can make something from anything when dates are concerned - I think theories around dates (like the one you mentioned being Hitler's birthday) are a bit silly. JMO.

I would love to look further into the Kony mania when I get an opportunity and share my opinion on the oil etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with raising awareness, but I wouldn't donate any money.
    I saw an interesting theory on youtube - the US election is coming up, and Obama needs a "bad guy", sort of thing...someone he can promise to take out if he is re-elected, and that's why this has come about so suddenly.
    I haven't thought about it much, and I know little to nothing about affairs in the US, but I guess it kind of makes sense! *shrug*

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just worry that raising awareness in this way could incite violence. Did anyone else watching the video wish that the promise he made to Jakob was about education and helping him fulfill his dream of becoming a lawyer?

earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I'll take a positive spin on it..... because that's what I like to do!

Human beings are compassionate people, and to me the world lacks it these days.... if something like this can bring people together to try & make the world a better place, then why not.

If people choose to donate or whatever, that's their choice. If people decide not to donate & buy a t-shirt, wrist band or just stick up a poster, then that's their choice too.

Regardless of what this dude showed or said in his video, the fact of the matter is that it is happening & it does need to be stopped. If anything, now the world is aware of that & hopefully a change can come....

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally understand that people want to 'do something', but what exactly are they wanting to do?