ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Happy, jealous, confused.

I find lately I am getting a bit jealous of my friends who have been through the baby stage and now have kids going off to school and they are doing new things.
    Don't get me wrong I love the baby stage and watching DS grow and learn is amazing, i feel so lucky to have him and i'm enjoying every second of him, I don't want it to end but I have wanted kids for a long time and now that I've only just had DS and how wonderful he is I am disappointed that we waited.

I'm also jealous of friends motivation to stick to being healthy and losing weight. Another thing I have struggled with my entire life and always struggled to find the motivation to continue on until I reach my goal.

Also a bit jealous of a friend starting her own business, maybe because it's an idea I'd had years ago but never really done anything about other than talk about it, now I am happy for these friends but jealous at the same time. If that makes any sense.

I love my life, my husband, my DS but I just have this sick feeling about choices I've made, annoyed feelings at myself for never following through, disappointed feelings for waiting so long that now I feel a bit behind the eight ball.

I'm finding it really hard to explain and I can't explain it to DH because when I try he just tells me he loves me and he'll support anything I want to do, and while that's great I just feel confused about how I am feeling about everything that's going on around me.

I feel a bit left out of everything as well because people have stopped coming around to visit or calling or even just replying to my messages. I know this post sounds all depressing but when I do see people I put on a good front that there is nothing wrong because I am very good at making other people feel comfortable and happy.

I'm just so confused about everything these days and I don't know how to get out of this funk that I am in.

Sorry to be such a downer just wanted to get it off my chest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just had my DS too and I totally can sympathize with how you are feeling as it is really hard to not compare your own life to those of your friends. Also I feel being at home busy with my little guy I have more time to dwell on the trivial little matters.

The best thing to come out of this is that it is great you have options,a beautiful bub and a supportive husband. This makes it easier to get what you want out of life...you never know what your friends are wishing they had that you have as we are all to busy wishing for things we don't have!

What you are feeling is human I believe and everything feels that more restricted with a new bub! I have 15 kilos I should of lost months ago and wanted to drop before returning to work.... Hasn't happened yet but I will get there- count your blessings enjoy your DS and live YOUR life.... We can waste to much time on regrets instead of making the most of the now...

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Why are you allowing these things to get you down?

If you want to be healthy, be healthy! Start y doing the small things, drink more water, and eat 2 extra pieces of fruit every day. Go for a walk with your DS.

If you want to start a business, just think it over.... plan it, think about it, what kind of business? Is t here something you're passionate about, research it, research the area you're interested in, look at all the ins and outs....that's something you can do in your own time, as a hobby with a future, without the pressure of having to draw an income from it at this stage.

Can you join a group or take on a class one night a week that will help you feel a bit more like 'you'? Can your DH watch bub more so you can get more self-time?

Don't be jealous of something, just take control.

But I know excatly how you feel... it took my last child being born to change my mindset... and I don't want you to have to go through what I did.... 7 years of not feeling like yourself, of feeling fat and lousy and unproductive....

Don't do it.

Live.