+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child care rebate and online uni course

Dear All,
    I phoned Centralink today to find out some answers but they were a bit...unspecific.
    I want to know if I can claim child care rebate for my child while I am doing online course which is around 15 hours per week but 13 weeks only in duration.
    I know that it has to be 15 hours per week study load but I won't get any certificate upon completion of this course but it is Australian registered provider and I know that the provider has to be registered in order to claim child care rebate during my study.
    It is a part of the Bachelor degree if I decide to study further but offered as a separate online course at the university.
    I also not sure if I can claim child care rebate once I am enrolled or once my study actually commenced as these dates are a few months apart.
    Can someone help and let me know?
    Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    As long as its classed as full time then you should be able to. I did some subjects through Open University and when I enquired about full time hours they said that 2 subjects per study period are their equivalent to full time study

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gotmilk View Post
    Dear All,
    I phoned Centralink today to find out some answers but they were a bit...unspecific.
    I want to know if I can claim child care rebate for my child while I am doing online course which is around 15 hours per week but 13 weeks only in duration.
    I know that it has to be 15 hours per week study load but I won't get any certificate upon completion of this course but it is Australian registered provider and I know that the provider has to be registered in order to claim child care rebate during my study.
    It is a part of the Bachelor degree if I decide to study further but offered as a separate online course at the university.
    I also not sure if I can claim child care rebate once I am enrolled or once my study actually commenced as these dates are a few months apart.
    Can someone help and let me know?
    Thank you!
    hey!
    I am an online student too and get both CCB and CCR. For CCR, the number of hours that you are studying doesnt matter - you are eligible as long as you are studying. I dont think you are eligible until you start, but not 100% sure abotu this. The 15 hour rule is only for CCB and only if you want to claim for more than 24 hours a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I study distance & claim both CCB & CCR.