ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default DS landed on my pregnant belly..

DS didn't mean to but he landed (akwardly) on my belly kinda elbowing me at the same time. Since then I've got tightness at the top of my belly and (slight) bleeding.

Baby is still moving about.. what should I do.. wait it out??
    Not having a good day today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Its my understanding that generally, bubs is pretty safe in there and it takes a lot to really cause damage. But with a bit of bleeding, I'd firstly be calling the hospital and talking to a midwife up on the ward, as they can generally tell you over the phone whether you should come in or not. So I'd say thats your first port of call. See what they say.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

MumDadBoyandGirl  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Jasper jumped off the coffee table over onto my belly feet first while I was sitting on the floor! It hurt SO much & I did go to bed and cry because I hurt and was worried. But she was perfectly fine. Very well protected by fluid etc.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Since being pregnant with number 2 I have decided that the reason we never loose ALL of the weight from our first pregnancy is to give baby number 2 protection in the womb from a toddler

Hope all is okay, I would definetly get any bleeding checked out, just to be on the safe side. I actually had a little visit to the hospital at 3am one day last week due to some bright red blood. Really scary but all was well, got to see bubs and was told "it's just one of those things". Looking back the only thing I can think of is that the dog jumped up on my belly really hard that night before bed (he weighs 25kg) but who knows.

Goodluck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely get it checked. I fell on my belly at 37 weeks and bubs was fine but the biggest risk is placental abruption (where the placenta detaches) It's rare but worth checking out. I had to be monitored in hospital for 6 hours.

Good Luck

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LMenz For This Useful Post:

MumDadBoyandGirl  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd get checked! You could have damaged your placenta. I'd be concerned about the bleeding. Hope your okay.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, definitely get it checked.
    Im 27 weeks and had a fall last week and landed on my belly, I called my hospital and spoke to the midwife who got me in for monitoring. An hour later I was reassured that all was fine and on my way home.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JoMcY For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Please get checked!

Hey MumDadBoyandGirl,

Please, please PLEASE go get checked out.

Funny the last poster mentioned Placental Abruption.

I had the MINUTEST slip in the bath where I was sure I felt something tear, at 18w and never had any bleeding...but...

Whether it was the fall or not (they told me it wasn't, who knows...but the timing was pretty suss), I developed a terrible Placental Abruption that turned 80% of my placenta into swiss cheese, threatened my bub's and my life and seriously affected his growth, meaning a 6w prem delivery. It may not be the actual trauma that's the cause of the bleeding, or it may be very minor haemmorhage, but for peace of mind (yours, and mine!) , please, please get checked asap. They'll do a U/S is all and make sure the placenta is all ok. 20w is the most common time for a PA to begin.

My bub kicked like a banshee, never stopped moving, but was nonetheless in danger. Better be safe than sorry, as although there's nothing they can do if it's a PA (and it's better if it actually bleeds, as otherwise the blood has nowhere to go and does more damage), you can at least arm yourself with knowledge and rest as much as is humanly possible (giving bubs more oxygen), and can be aggressively monitored in the case of a PA.

I REALLY don't want to scare or concern you, but if bleeding/spotting is not normal for you, PLEASE GET CHECKED! Did I say it enough, PLEASE, pretty please!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh though I do agree 100% if you're worried get it checked or call your care provider & see what they say. Because its probably perfectly fine, particularly if bub's is moving around normally, but for peace of mind.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi MDB&G, any updates? Is all ok? Hope so. Please let us know, BaronessM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post: