+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How easily does you 2yo go to bed?

Are they in a cot or bed?

For the last week, 22 month has been putting herself to bed.. But in my bed (its a bit cute) I always end up moving her to her cot but I'm thinking it's time to get her her own bed.

When I tell her it's time for bed, she still says 'NO' like most two year olds, but then I tell her her cuddle toy is tired and needs a sleep & how her cuddle toy can't sleep without her & next thing they're both in bed asleep

Today is the first nap I've let her stay in our bed. I'm curious to see how long before she gets up. She's already lasted longer then she normally does in the cot. And she's loving the pillows/donna (and probably the smell of mum&dad more then anything)

So by the sounds of this, do you think it's about time I get her her own bed?

Does/has your 2yo ever done this consistently? I'm hoping it's not a novelty shell out grown in another week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I had both types of kids. Ones that never want to nap or go to bed, those that you find asleep in the oddest of place's as just fall asleep where they are and the kind that we could say the words "bed and asleep" in a conversation as she would get up go to her bed and go to sleep.

I always had them in a toddler bed at 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Honestly, my son had already dropped his nap at that age and we would have to lay in there with him 1 hr+ every night, so I think you are onto a pretty good thing!

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    And I'd get her a bed...Can you take the sides off the cot?

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww I would love to see her in her own big bed

And yeah the sides do come off her cot so I will give that a go first.

I'm kind of dreading the 5am wakings though.

At the moment some milk, a blanket, a book & a dummy gets me an extra hour of shut eye.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids both went into single beds around 17 months, but we co-slept before that so they were used to a big bed. I still had to stay with them at bedtime until they were a bit over 2.

Made in England is offline thought it was about time I put something other than 'senior member'...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD has been in her toddler bed for the last few months, and the transition went really well. Up until a couple of weeks ago, she would go to her bed, and we'd read her a story, kiss goodnight, and then we'd leave the room and she would go to sleep on her now. Now, we have to stay in the room with her til she falls asleep. I think it's because of a big storm we had at bed time a few weeks ago, and since then she has got frightened.

I'd take the plunge and go for the toddler bed. You may be surprised!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS (24mo) is in a single bed. He puts himself to bed quite often. He's a sleep walker/talker and will often turn up chattering at the end of my bed around 2am, but really loves his bed and snuggles down into the quilts and pillows.

I've noticed if he's unwell he'll put himself to sleep in my bed. Smart cookie.

He's been in his own bed since he was 12 months old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is 20mths, and goes to bed without complaining in her cot. I haven't thought about putting her in a 'proper' bed yet, as she moves around so much in the cot and won't keep covers on. I'm also scared about her getting out of bed when she wakes up!! Do people put baby gates on the bedroom door? Or do you have to babyproof the whole house?!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    DD is 20mths, and goes to bed without complaining in her cot. I haven't thought about putting her in a 'proper' bed yet, as she moves around so much in the cot and won't keep covers on. I'm also scared about her getting out of bed when she wakes up!! Do people put baby gates on the bedroom door? Or do you have to babyproof the whole house?!!
    DD2 is 23months old and still in cot. She has a story read to her and then lullaby cd put on. She goes to bed at 7pm and is usually asleep by 8 when DD1 goes to bed (they share a room)
    I really need to get her into a big bed soon as I an due in June with baby no.3!
    With DD1 we used a gate to keep her in the room. Not sure how we will go now! :-/