+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 64 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is anyone doing aCGH testing? A few questions :)

Woah April 38!!! Bugger about no fresh transfer. Why the eight week wait? Are you testing your embryo's?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I had 20 collected and was fine, no transfer. Then I had 11 collected and got pregnant and got it mild OHSS! Hate to get a severe, that must really suck.

I always find AF comes early after a cycle, fingers crossed it comes quick for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Scruffy! Welcome back, glad you had a great break, I'm jealous.

Disney, it is great your karyotype is normal, but I would think that there is still a chance of abnormals, it depends o. The clinic and what day they do testing. Mine will only test at day 5 hatching blast grade 2 or above, so high chance of the, being normal, but if I tested all on say day 3, there would be a higher abnormal rate.

It is normal for anyone to have abnormals and you get more each cycle as you get older.

April, OMG, you egg machine! And 25 fertilized, that is amazing. Thanks for your info on the trigger booster, I hadn't blood test after and only 1 shot after transfer, ssows very upset to get AF so soon into the cycle.

They are going to test progesterone this month and see what my cycle does.

I have an appointment with an overseas immunologist next month to see if he can give any insight as to why I keep having chemicals.

Finally good news, my three embryos have all come back normal, so I now have 5 in the freezer, surely 1 of those has to stick?

Thanks
    Reviews

I AM SO EXCITED TO HAVE FINALLY FOUND SOMEWHERE I FEEL I BELONG!!!! Thank you so much!!

I'm 27, husband is 29 with balanced translocation. After 14 miscarriages past 6 weeks and countless others this was finally diagnosed and now we are doing IVF with PGD. 1st cycle we had 11 eggs collected, 8 suitable for fertilisation, 5 fertilised, 3 survived to day 4, only one survived to day 5 but came back with duplicates of chromosomes 2,4 and 7 and parts of 17 and 21 missing!!
    So our surgeon suggested that we do egg collection every 5-7 weeks (depending on AF), fertilise and freeze until we have 25-30 frozen embryos. Then we will send a batch to Melbourne for PGD.
    I'm really struggling with egg collection one after another!! It's so exhausting! Anyone with advice for a newbie??

Thanks
    Reviews
    My goodness 25 embryos? That would take me forever.

What type of testing do they do? Natera or CGH. With the testing is it day 5, do they have to get to hatching blast?

I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriages, did they identify that it was chromosomal abnormality for sure? I would just want to get absolutely everything thing checked out.

With back to back cycles for me 2 is max, then it takes about 6 weeks to recover.

Good luck, keep us updated.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm actually not sure what sort of testing it is! I didn't know there was a difference!!
    They are fairly certain miscarriages are because of high genetic abnormality. It is taking ages!!! We have 5 frozen at the moment from 2 cycles. I have another EPU on 17/9. Hoping for better egg numbers, although I'm already on 600 gonal, don't really want them to raise the dose again!
    I look forward to getting to know all of your stories as I read through the whole feed!
    Thank you for helping me feel less alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all and Welcome Gekko (love the avatar)

Firstly Gekko glad you found us, sounds like you have been through a rough time with all the miscarriages. Your FS wants 25-30 eggs!!! Wow - last cycle I only ended up with one for testing (luckily it was balanced). Have you had genetic counselling? What are your stats? Is that why he wants so many tested? Sorry for all the questions but most of us here have never batched that many.

Scarlet - awesome news on your three embies. Five in the freezer is great

Disney - Good news about the karotype. I am unsure about the testing. My clinic tests Day 5 and I have had three BFN's with perfect embies, I sometimes wonder how many 'good' embies we're wasting that don't make it to testing but may have been perfectly healthy if put in Day 3.... Scarlet is right age also plays a part and number of previous miscarriages etc...

April - How are you feeling? Hopefully no OHSS. I hope the weeks fly by for you and we'll both be UTD in Sept

Sorry I can't see back further to do more personals but looks like our little group has grown while I've been away
    Big hi to Wise, Tigger, Wish, Simpson Desert and hello to Chrissy and Wait4U. Sorry if I've missed anyone, I might try and find a role call...

AFM - Have been chasing my tail with first week back at work and a bit of jet lag. Looking forward to this next cycle now. Come one AF

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Gekko - At the risk of repeating what everyone else has written.... 25-30 embryos?! I really hope your next EPU gets you a whole bunch so you can get closer to that total. I imagine with the number of losses you have had its all about probability. I will be cheering you on. Are you doing back-to-back EPUs? Or do you have to have a cycle off in between?

Scruffy - Hi!! Glad you are looking forward to your next cycle. Hope you can get started soon.

Scarlet - Good to hear you have more chromosomally normal embies stashed away. Have you mentioned what you are doing now? Another FET or a month off?

April78 - Fellow big egg machine. 33 has been my max. Mine are always pretty ordinary though. 27 last time and only 7 fert. Your fert rate is super. Surely between them they can get the job done for you. It sucks that you have to have a break when you weren't planning to. Hopefully your body will be in a better place though. I didn't have a transfer after my last EPU but that was the plan.

AFM - Scan today. On a bit of a holding pattern with Ethinyl Oestradiol. Been on it for 2 1/2 weeks already. FET not until 12/9 but scanning today to see if I need to increase my dose which I have a couple of times before. Starting to look forward to my FET. Going to try for 'all guns blazing hope' this time and not 'protect myself from disappointment'. Need to believe this is going to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    April78 - I can understand your disappointment with only 5 frozen from initially 38 eggs. I have similar problems and we have no identified genetic abnormalities. I think that eggs have more trouble developing when there are so many. That's what I'm believing anyway otherwise I just have crap eggs. Can I ask what drug protocol you were on for your EPU? Glad you are feeling back to normal. Producing that many eggs takes a physical toll! for FET in October - I hope the time passes really quickly for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

April I can understand your disappointment. But it's still good! My sister had 15 eggs (donated from other sister) and only one little bugger fertilised. They were SO upset. But that little embryo is now my nephew! He's quite energetic and I have a theory that he sucked the energy out of the others. So maybe your 5 have absorbed the energy of the others and will be super strong!