+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Scarlet - Thanks! From what I can gather, for aCGH testing, my clinic freezes after 1 day, then thaws and grows to day 3 to be tested when it is booked in. I suppose we could have timed the EPU so that they didn't have to be frozen but we just booked both EPU and testing for as soon as we could. I have not been a fan of my fresh transfers anyway. Although it sucks to have to wait, I never really feel like my body is quite right after an EPU. Good luck on Friday!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys!

Scarlet - wow! What a great result!! So happy for you. good luck for Friday. Please keep us posted. I just pray to come back on here and read positive stories from everyone!

wait4u - welcome! your clinic also does things very differently to mine. I had 5 embryos that made it through on day 6 for cgh. I had a total of 10 eggs at epu. ( 9 fert, and then dropped off to 7 and then finally 5 that made it through). My clinic sends our embryos into the city for testing and it took about 3 weeks for the result. We didnt do a fresh transfer after epu either. We chose to wait for the results of the cgh. We got results last week and we have 2 embryos that came back normal out of 5. We are stoked!! So we are now waiing for a FET sometime in the next few weeks I suppose. So exciting, but still such a long way to go!! Praying that these tested embryos are our baby ( or babies!! ). Let us know how you get on.

April - how are you doing??

Again.... good luck and prayers for all you guys!!

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies!

I was wondering if I could get your advice?

My clinic offers PGD and PGS, but what is the difference?

Also, what are the main reasons for getting it done? I have had 1 loss, 4 BFN's and 1 cancellation due to no thaw. I was just wondering if it would be worthwhile sending our embryo's away? We don't get many frosties each cycle, so I'm not sure?

I also wanted to ask about karyotypes. If you both have been tested and come back normal, is it safe to assume most of your embryos are normal too, or do I have that completely wrong? We are still waiting for our results.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, I know I haven't been in here got awhile, as I didn't want to jinx anything. But today was scheduled for ET, and 1 hour before my appointment my FS called me to say the embryo had arrested- stopped growing. I'm devestated. I have 1 small embryo left which they are going to thaw and do ET Friday, but all my hopes sit on this one embryo. It's my last ever chance, and if I've learnt one thing, it's how the odds are not in my favour. Hope everyone else is doing well

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear mysweetboy. My embryos didn't survive either

May I ask if it was a tested ebryo?

Goodluck for Friday and may it be your sticky BFP!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mysweetboy I am so sorry, not surviving the thaw is my worst fear. I am having transfer too on Friday with one of my frozen ones.

This whole procedure is so hard, I often wonder how some get pregnant first time and others have cycle after cycle. I really hope that this final embryo is it for you.if I remember you were against using donor sperm? Is that still the same?

Disney baby, I don't know the difference between PGS and PGD, I assumed they are the same, maybe they are saying they do both selection for both genetic issues and for sex selection (for approved cases?)

With the karyotype, no you can't assume that just because it is normal your embryos are normal, age is generally the main factor. At 35 60-80% could be abnormal in any one cycle, but this can vary cycle to cycle.

I have had cycles were all we're abnormal and ones where 75% were normal. With the PGD process, it will depend on the clinic, mine will only test good quality hatching blasts, which sometimes leaves a few that could possibly have been babies behind, but then the ones tested have a much greater chance of being positive.

If your clinic tests on day 3 your chance of having more tested is higher but chance of abnormals is also higher. Most clinics won't send your embryos away but send the biopsy away, but you would have to check with the clinic.

You need to ask what their biopsy protocol is, what day they test and what stage do they have to be at.

AFM, 5 of my 7 are still going strong, the other 2 are slow growing. Will know of any made biopsy Afriday, also my FET will be Friday also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys, quick update. I had 3 of my 7 fertilised embryos make it to PGD, so I am very happy.

At the same time I am PUPO! Fingers and toes crossed that this one it is!

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Scarlet!! Fx your little embie is snuggling in tight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope the next 10 days goes fast for you!!! Good luck! The odds are in your favour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scarlet - (fingers), (toes) for you. Really hoping you have some excellent news soon.

mysweetboy - how did your little embie go? I hope you got to have your transfer.

Chrissy73 - That's wonderful that you have 2 normal embies waiting for you!! Do you have a date for your FET yet? As I have a date booked for the testing, my clinic will have me ready for a transfer the day the results come in. The downside of that is that I will be all ready to go and if none come back normal ... well I guess that sucks whenever it happens. Fortunately though I have a couple of back up embies (too old for the day 3 aCGH that we are doing) that we will have transferred if I have no normal embies from the testing.

Disneybaby - I have not quite got my head around all the different types of testing. But I think PGS is screening which is broader testing that PGD which is more likely to be indicated where there are specific known issues they are looking for. I decided to go with testing not long after my FS recommended it. If you are having recurrent IVF failures (me) for no apparent reason, embryo chromosomal abnormalities is one of the most likely reasons. And as Scarlet said, normal parent karyotype does not mean normal embie karyotype. It is such a complex little world at the level of our DNA molecules - much room for things to go wrong - and our little embies end up with 3 or 1 of a chromosome they need 2 of!

AFM - Waiting for September to roll around... at least I have back-up embies if our 7 tested are abnormal. But I don't hold much hope for them really - 1 BFP (missed M/C) and 8 BFNs into our IVF journey. I would really love to transfer a 'normal' embie.

Take care everyone