BT is Saturday.
Well cautiously optimistic but I have a very, very faint line on a FRER. Not imagining it cause dh can see it!
I am just praying it isn't a chemical, I don't know if I could handle that again!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 241 to 250 of 631
09-07-2012 10:25 #241Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2006
09-07-2012 15:54 #242
Just bumping up the thread for Mysweetboy to find
09-07-2012 21:39 #243Member
- Join Date
- May 2012
We are having to go down the IVF+PGD road because I'm a carrier of balanced robertsonian translocation 14/21.
I'm 30 and have a healthy 4 year old son but have had 2 miscarriages before him and 4 after him. We just found out about me being a carrier this year.
This is our first time doing IVF.
I got a call from my clinic today ivf Australia and our egg collection date is 28th sept!!!!!!!
I'm scared, but I can't wait and I was just wondering if anyone else was going to be the same stage as
10-07-2012 07:00 #244
OMG Scarlet !!!!!!!! Unless you have pregnyl in your system, a line is absolutely a line. I am quietly having a very excited party for you , ohhhhh pleeeeese looking soooooooo good though !!!!
April I think getting the NK biopsy sounds like a really smart idea hon no use in using any more precious CGH embies until you no for certain if you have NK cells. How will you have your biopsy? Under a general or local?
Welcome Elesh xxx
AFM, second day of jabbing today. OPU is scheduled for the 23rd of July, EEEeeeekk!
10-07-2012 09:10 #245
Scarlet everything tightly for you!! A line is a line...
April that's so disappointing, I HATE waiting! Getting the biopsy done is probably sensible though. I had it, the actual procedure itself is nothing, just like a pap smear in fact probably slightly less unpleasant if anything. I wasn't offered any anaesthetic at all and didn't feel like I needed it. We are at Genea Sydney.
Hi Elash We are a little similar to you, I have one healthy DS5 and have had four miscarriages over the past year trying for #2. No translocation for us though, we are in the 'unexplained' category. Good luck for your cycle, what type are you doing?
BubsMcG we are almost twinnies this cycle let's hope it's a good one for us
AFM day 3 of jabbing today, 200iu Puregon. Start antagonist jabs on Thursday and have first scan and blood test Friday. Hopeful that EPU will be the 19th or 20th, if all goes well.
10-07-2012 09:33 #246Senior Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2011
Thankyou Scruffy for telling me about this thread....oooo, what a relief!
I started reading through most of the posts from the beginning of this thread, wow, so many interesting stories. However I don't have time to go through them all or to do personals.
I'm after one thing atm, insight. And maybe some advice??
My dilemma is this; I have a beautiful 2 1/2 year old DS who has ASD. I was told I have a very high chance of having another child with ASD (it runs pretty strong in my family, at least 3 cousin's diagnosed with ASD, and others who have no diagnosis but I am sure are on the spectrum) A friend who has a friend with a DS also with ASD told me they were advised that girls have a lower chance of having ASD, so they had their eggs tested for a girl, and now have a healthy and "normal" little girl. I thought about doing the same, but when I spoke to the Doctor, they said if its ASD I am concerned about, they can in fact test for that too. So I think, fantastic. The problem is I have 2 embies on ice. Due to the medication my DH now has to take, we are unable to go for another cycle, should these embies not take. Now I am worried about the risks involved. I have a history on loosing embies during the thaw process. So if my little cherubs survive the thaw process, then can they survive the testing process? And what if we do have a normal embie, its not guaranteed that it will stick. And if neither are normal? Do I just bite the bullet and hope for the best, knowing full well what could happen?
I want another baby, and I want my DS to have a sibling, but I feel like I'm gambling with a life. If I know both embies have the gene and I go through with it anyway, will I feel the guilt for making a decision that could turn all our lives upside down? Or if I decide not to do the testing and just pray God will do what is right for us, will I have guilt for not doing the testing and making the effort if my next child also does end up having ASD.
My first appointment to meet with the doctor is tomorrow. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I want to make sure everything is ok, but I feel like I'm playing with fire. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice for either outcome? I would love to know your opinion and what you'd do if you were in my situation.
Sorry for crashing your thread.
10-07-2012 09:36 #247
Lots happening in here
Scarlet - grow little embie grow
April - I also think the biopsy is a good idea, there is some evidence for increased implantation rates following endometrial biopsies. Just remember that my FS wouldn't let me cycle the month after. Can you wait til Oct?
Bubs and Tigger - yay for jabbing, it always feels good to be doing something. We must get a roll call started....
Welcome Eleash - My translocation is 13/15. No kids yet for me. My sister also has the translocation and she has three kids (and three miscarriages). I'll be around the same time as you, due for FET about mid Sept
AFM - Countdown before flying out for NY this Sat Looking forward to a month of relaxing before getting back on the bandwagon.
10-07-2012 09:52 #248
Scarlet - 4 good
Wise Enough - 9 awaiting testing
Scruffy - 2 good, 1 unknown
Wishmeluck - 2 good
Tiggerfields - July 23rd
BubsMcG - July
Eleash - Sept
Simpsondesert - Aug
Scarlet - BT 14th July
April - NK cell biopsy Aug?
Hi ladies, tried to do an more comprehensive roll call, I hope I got everyone right? Please update
The Following User Says Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:
10-07-2012 11:34 #249Senior Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2011
April- Thanks for your reply. No I can't do another cycle. DH is on medication that could have serious effects on the embryo - and a baby's development. Its life threatening if he goes off it. Besides, he is a lot (more than 30 years) older than me, and together with that and not being able to afford much more in the way of cycles and testing anyway, I really can't go down that path. What to do?
Just a question for you CGH vetrans, has anyone had the testing done on frozen or thawed embies? Or do you have them all done fresh?
Goodluck to everyone on their journey. Depending on what happens tomorrow, I may be staying on this thread. Then I'd like to get to know you all, and I'll be able to do some personals!
10-07-2012 15:26 #250Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2006
Hey all there is still a line, lets hope this curse is broken I just worry cause of my chemical, it started out great like this No pregnyl at all!
Just quickly, mysweetboy, I am pretty sure there is still no test for ASD when it comes to chromosome testing. I would get a second opinion on that. Most people I know who have ASD children go down the path of having Gender Selection for a girl, this reduces the risk a lot. And I know people doing it as soon as a couple of months ago.
In terms of thawing, growing, biopsying and testing... I would say that 2 is not a good number. Just being honest, but if you can't do any more cycles because of DH's meds, then I would take the chance with the embies you have. It is more than likely one is normal and the whole procedure for PGD is quite hard on an embryo, if you could do other cycles, I would say go for it.
By happy86 in forum Conception & Fertility General ChatReplies: 16Last Post: 21-04-2012, 12:39
Innovations Sports PhysiotherapyWomen’s Health Physios who are able to assess and treat a wide range of Pregnancy and Post Natal Issues. We offer ...
LATESTWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at homeGuide to government family benefit payments
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Pokemon go. Chat #2General Chat
Babysitting dilemmaGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
The Vampire Diaries LAST EPISODEMovies / Music / Books / TV Chat
Missed miscarriage... waiting, waiting, waitingPregnancy Loss Support
How long would you leave your 8 (almost 9) year old at home alone?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat