April- hope AF shows up for you soon. It's great they can tell you why it's delayed. I just wish our bodies did what we wanted when we wanted.
Scruffy- great you have a plan to move forward. I hope the tests find something which is easy to fix.
Scarlet- it must be a relief to know the approval for putting back a girl should be okay. Who decides these things? Just curious, I have no reason to need either sex (aside from an absurd amount of baby girl clothes).
Lindy- hope you're going okay. Like scruffy I hope they find out why it isn't working, and it's easily fixable.
AFM- I'm not actually sure what my testing is called, my clinic always refers to it as PGD. Got annoyed as my clinic insisted on me seeing my FS before I could test my embies. I have 9 frozen day 3 embies so I'm curious to see if any make it to day 5. My donor and I were meant to have a big talk last weekend and talk about what we wanted, but he called in sick. Pretty sure he is avoiding me. If he wants to pull out I'm okay with that, I just hate limbo.
Big hi to everyone else
+ Reply to Thread
Results 91 to 100 of 631
23-04-2012 18:52 #91
23-04-2012 22:08 #92Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2006
April: I just wondered if everyone who was having BFN's could try having a different type of FET? I know mine at this stage will be unmedicated, which I am happy about.
Scruffy, great to hear that they are getting onto this straight away, must be frustrating to be in the position, but glad they are looking into it now. To me, banking seems like a good idea, I know totally frustrating right now, but if you get pregnant with your next embryo, then if you wish to have another child, you are just that bit older and it can be harder, so I am assuming this is why you would bank now? The wait is killer, but it will work.
Wise: I was a little confused before about when you said your donor wasn't on board but I get it now, he will have to say yes to having the testing done and the FET later on? I hope he gets on board soon 9 embies on day 3 is great, I am sure a couple will get to day 5.
To get approved basically you have to have letters from drs/paediatrician's saying that there is a reason for gender selection, this is really hard to do in Perth, drs here are not very pro active when it comes to it. Not just that, the wait to see drs can be really long (hence why we are going to a specialist in Melbourne) My haematologist told me that they won't even do it for haemophilia in Perth, makes no sense. Then this gets taken to the FS and also geneticist. Ultimately the geneticist makes the decision based on their guidlines. There can be a little leeway but it is pretty strict. For me though, getting approved for CGH was easy, as I have had trouble falling pregnant in the past, had 3 cycles with only 1 normal embyo in total- which then was a chemical pregnancy.
Although nothing is guaranteed I have been pretty much assured it will be fine...but to be honest, even if we put the first 2 XX's in and they didn't take, I don't think I would be happy to cycle again with our 2 XY's still in the freezer, I would probably take the chance and see how we go. So all we are asking is the chance to put the girls in first.
24-04-2012 19:18 #93
April - YAY for AF. That's fantastic news. Good luck for tests on Thursday
Scruffy - so happy to hear your FS is on board now and willing to do some extra testing. Honestly, why is it so hard sometimes to get them to listen?!
Scarlet - I hope you get some answers soon and approval to transfer your girl embryos. Perth seriously does my head in sometimes (and I am a born and bred Perth girl!) We are sometimes so cautious and so far behind the times, that technology and treatment plans that have been used over East for years are now only finally making their way here. Grrrr! Rant over. Good luck!!
Wise Enough - I hope your donor comes to the party soon and doesn't keep you waiting.
AFM: First scan and bloods today for this cycle. 8 follies on left and 0 on right. Estrogen 870 so still a way to go but this is a good response for me Next bloods on Thursday. Have a great night everyone!
24-04-2012 19:43 #94Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2006
lol Wishmeluck, I hear you! I was told that the wait to see the specialist here was up to 3 years, there is no private one, only public and they are over run. The doctor that I would see in that 3 years, will more than likely be the same one who did not diagnose correctly when we saw her when my son was little. So off to Melbourne we go. It is actually a good thing, a new set of eyes with different opinions on how stuff is done, it was good. And he will see both boys at once, instead of one at a time here.
I love Perth, but having sick kids has made me realise how far behind we are medically. Just very laid back.
8 follicles is AMAZING I only had 5 eggs retrieved last cycle and got 3 normals out of it. With the sides, I was told by my RE you usually get more on your left, for whatever reason I always have far less on the left.
April, so excited hun! Can't wait to cheer you on. Was this your second AF since your cycle? Do you think that is why it was late. I am on the wait for my second AF and I have been so moody, anxiety really bad and I just think it is hormones still, do you think it is possible?
27-04-2012 11:15 #95
April - CGH results - 2 good frosties - jabbing
Scarlet - CGH results - 4 good frosties - waiting for AF
Wise Enough - 9 frosties (day 3) waiting for PGD
Lindy - June CGH
Tiggerfields - May CGH
Summershine - May CGH
Scruffy - EPU May - date ?
Wishmeluck - EPU May - date ?
April- WOO-HOO for getting your FET cycle started! We all have such high hopes for you
Scruffy- glad my list came in handy! Getting the NK biopsy while you're knocked out for the hyst is a great idea. When do you think you'll stim again?
Scarlet- great news that using your XX embies first is sorted! I can relate to your feelings about wanting everything with your boys to be OK, but also wanting an explanation at last so you don't go on wondering what is wrong. I hope it all works out for the best . I've done both medicated & natural FETs. I prefer natural, but will use medicated if I need to tweak the timing (I travel frequently for work).
Wise- Since your embies have to be re-frozen after biopsy, can't you at least get to the point where you have frozen blasties waiting for PGD results? I don't understand why that part needs to be delayed? I could understand your donor's hesitation if you already had your PGD results and were ready for FET, but you still have so many hurdles to clear before you get to that point.
Wishmeluck- 8 follies is great! How did you go with BT yesterday?
AFM- I saw my FS yesterday. Since I've already had so much testing there isn't much more we can do apart from testing for any infections/inflammation & having a full US to look for signs of adenomyosis. So I'll book myself in for the US, and when I have my next EPU, FS will do a new uterine biopsy and send that tissue away for pathology & histology. I had asked for the biopsy regardless, purely to stimulate uterine receptivity, but FS said we may as well use the sample & see what turns up.
I had wanted to stim in May, but FS is overseas, so its going to June now. Strangely enough, I'm not upset about waiting another month. Actually looking forward to some time out from IVF and having a life!
27-04-2012 18:42 #96
Lindylou - YAY to having a life and some time off IVF. So glad you have a goal to work towards and I hope that you get some answers from your next EPU and biopsy. Thanks also for asking how my BT went yesterday. Not as optimistic as I was! Blood test today and estrogen not rising as well as hoped and follicles not growing as fast as they did last time. Another BT tomorrow and maybe trigger tomorrow night for EPU Monday. I hope she'll let me stim a bit longer, as at this rate, will only have 3 mature eggs!
Have a great weekend everyone
27-04-2012 18:49 #97
Wish sending your little follies lots of growing power, we need as many as possible for testing....
27-04-2012 18:51 #98
Thanks Scruffy you're a gem
30-04-2012 09:00 #99
Good Luck today Wish, I really hope you get a good number of eggs
AFM - I've changed my mind I think I will do a FET with my last frostie in early June, the month after my hysteroscopy and biopsy. There is a bit of evidence showing increased implantation rates after scratch biopsies so why waste a potential opportunity.
I hope everyone else is doing well wherever they are at and time is moving swiftly towards all our BFP's!!
30-04-2012 14:47 #100
Thanks for your good luck wishes Scruffy. Unfortunately only 2 eggs collected. Devastated
By happy86 in forum Conception & Fertility General ChatReplies: 16Last Post: 21-04-2012, 12:39
Life FertilityLife Fertility Clinic is a boutique fertility clinic located in Spring Hill, Brisbane. Our dedicated fertility and IVF ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Early waking/routine help 17 month oldToddlers (1 year olds)
HGC lelvels stressed please helpConception & Fertility General Chat
Situations - ok or not ok?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Growth Of Intellection. Discussion?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Horrible Baby Names #2Choosing Baby Names
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Married At First Sight 2017Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat