+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default hcg levels after ivf

Hi everyone,

We have recently gone through our third ivf cycle and have just received the news that we are pregnant- yah! But am feeling a bit anxious...our ob has asked for a repeat blood test 'just for reassurance' to check that our hcg levels keep increasing. Is this a standard practice. The receptionist told us our level was 210 and when I asked if anything was wrong she said 'no' but I kind of feel by the tone of her voice that maybe there is. is this a low level for Day 16??

I'm trying not to freak out but did a silly thing and looked on the net ( why do we do this sometimes?? ) and found some sites saying this is a low level and could indicate imminent miscarriage and yet others say the range is very wide.

Don't know what to think and know that stressing is not a good thing to do but any thoughts would be helpful right now.

Lisa

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Supermumma

Welcome & congratulations.
    Not sure if I can help you on not on the levels thing but I know I have read a lot of post where the levels start off low and then increase with following blood tests. If you want some more help from the girls who have had BTP jump onto First cylce in a few days part 4. There are some gilrs there that may be able to help you. The info you get there is more than I receive from my doctor!
    Good luck with it all. Hope to see you on the other thread!

Jbearsmum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi supamumma congratulations !!!! Alot of the girls in the other thread did repeat blood tests. It was all fine. Dont stress about it hun . It will all be fine. Let us know how you go!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi
    Just wanted to say congratulations and good luck.
    Sending you heaps of baby sticky dust

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying everyone. I've decided no more internet cruising to seek out levels etc as it can do your head in !!! I'm feeling a bit less anxious today as my breasts have started to become quite tender - a good sign that hopefully my levels are continuing to rise!Thanks Brady's mum for reassuring me that other IVF mums have gone through the same thing. I did find an IVF site ( some good things are out there) and they said that they routinely do repeat blood tests so that helped ease my stress a little. I'll keep you posted of the outcome on Thursday!

Thanks again
    Lisa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Supamumma, Im glad you can relax a little now and enjoy it a little more !! Let us know how you go Thursday!! take care xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI,

I also did IVF and have a healthy 4 1/2 month old baby boy named Cooper.

My readings were 212 (16DPO) to 574 (18DPO)

congratulations and good luck.

Kerri

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for everyone's thoughts...

We did a repeat bloodtest on Thursady and our levels are now 3000. Wow! So we can finally get excited! It still feels quite surreal but we feel now we can finally embrace the thought that all going well , we will have a lot more sleepless nights in about 8 months time!

Lisa

Thanks
    Reviews
    supamumma, Congrats hun! ! That is wonderful news !!! Keep us updated on your pregnancy !!!