ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD started Gymbaroo last week - it's great! We play on the equipment (mostly just putting her on her tummy or back on things like a seesaw, fit ball, trampoline), do some baby exercise, baby massage on the mat and a dance.

I think your DD would probably be in mobile babies. Once they start crawling etc I think they move on. In my class the other day, a baby wasn't happy doing the mat time and the instructor suggested that the bub move up. The oldest we have in our non-mobile group is 8 months I think.

Mine costs about $200 a term (I think, so works out $20 per session). But I paid $140 because I started late.

I don't think it's mean to not invite your mothers group! Sure, maybe mention that you are doing it, but you don't have to do everything together.

As for what my mothers group do - we go for a walk every week but that will become a bit more difficult as more of us go back to work (I'm not going back until Sept). Our conversations though, mostly consist of the things you mentioned.

Playgroups are also good for meeting mums, swimming sessions (we have baby play at a pool near us) and story time/nursery rhyme sessions at the library - we have giggle and wiggle in the ACT - it's free!

ETA - with the baby play sessions at our pool, they do a bit of play but it was mostly free time when we went - I think it was $4?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you considered a PLAYGROUP instead ?
    There's heaps of them around and only cost around $4 a week.

Other ideas for you would be storytime at your local library
    Or a baby's music class.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh $200 a term? wow, might be a bit out of our budget it does sound really good tho and i found one in my area, its actually right oposite my DH's work lol.

hrmmm....

Yes, i will be searching for a playgroup

I'm interested in any activity i can do with my 12mth old DD that will allow me to meet some new people, i dont want to isolate myself or my DD, she loves social interaction.

Thankyou all again!