+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds just started swimming lessons & his new swimming teacher kept pointing to my FIL (who is coming to all the lessons with me so he can be around DS & as my DH works Saturday's) and saying "J's mum & dad are over there" to the swim centre manager. Lol she said it a few times throughout the lesson so the manager could come & talk to us. Lol we didn't even get to correct them and because they never see DH there they are going to keep thinking it I guess :\

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS loves to make things awkward.

Me, DP and DS were in a jewelry store and were talking to the lady behind the counter about something not important. The sales lady kept referring to DP as 'Dad' when asking DS something, ie: "Dont you think Dad should get it? Dad should get something nice for mum, isnt that right Dad?" DS let it slide...until about the 8th time this lady said 'dad' then DS said with pure 7yr old annoyance "he's not my dad! Thats *DP name* he's mums boyfriend, my dad is at work!" ....lovely. (FOB works away...so he is at work..though Im sure the lady wondered if my husband was at work and I was out shopping with my son and boyfriend )

At a servo once and me, DP and DS were having a joke with the guy behind the counter about something completely useless and ordinary and DS pipes up "My mum and *DP* talk about sex raaaahahahhahahaha!!!!!" To his credit, we WERE talking about sex in the car on the way....as in gender.

Love my DS....always good for a laugh. Jokes on him....I will get lots of joy out of embarrassing him as a teen

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

fairyflossfairy  (01-03-2012),glowingjoh  (05-03-2012),IndigoJ  (01-03-2012),~ElectricPink~  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Sad. I wonder if you would have felt the same if he was an old lady. Not all men who like kids are "peddos". Some of them just like kids much in the same way I like kids. Or you like kids. Or child care workers like kids.
    A little of topic.. But DP said to me that he doesn't like to take DS to busy parks on his own. As when he sits and watches DS, he feels that people are looking at him like he's some Peddo sitting watching the kids. Which I think is really sad for DP. He shouldn't have to feel like that

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starlite For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (14-03-2012),glowingjoh  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Woman working at the complex where my BF lives see's DS.

'He's so cute! You can certainly see his daddy in him'

Me: 'Yes, he looks like a carbon copy of his Daddy, but BF isn't his daddy'

........Silence.........

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Me: *walks casually along the footpath*

Crazy Lady: *runs up to me all out of breath and frantic* "You've got to help me!"

Me: "Of course - what's happened? Are you ok???"

Crazy Lady: "The trolleys are everywhere! I saw one over there *points* and over there, and behind that car ... We have to get them back to Coles!!"

Me: *starts to laugh then realizes she's serious and stifles laugher with a cough* "I'd love to help, but I have to get back to work so ..."

Crazy Lady: *grabs my arm and looks like she is about to burst into tears* "Please. It's got to be you. You're the only one who can help me now"

Me: *thinks - oh FFS, why me??* "Fiiiinnnee. Let's go get them" *spends next half hour collecting trolleys and returning them to Coles, then is forced to exchange mobile numbers with the crazy lady*

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

glowingjoh  (05-03-2012),Jensha  (03-03-2012),KittyCat05  (02-03-2012),MilkingMaid  (02-03-2012),MsTruth  (01-03-2012),onkybear  (01-03-2012),poppyseed  (03-03-2012),smallpotatoes  (01-03-2012),tatia&shura  (03-03-2012),trishalishous  (02-03-2012),Yep  (03-03-2012),~ElectricPink~  (05-03-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    Me: *walks casually along the footpath*

Crazy Lady: *runs up to me all out of breath and frantic* "You've got to help me!"

Me: "Of course - what's happened? Are you ok???"

Crazy Lady: "The trolleys are everywhere! I saw one over there *points* and over there, and behind that car ... We have to get them back to Coles!!"

Me: *starts to laugh then realizes she's serious and stifles laugher with a cough* "I'd love to help, but I have to get back to work so ..."

Crazy Lady: *grabs my arm and looks like she is about to burst into tears* "Please. It's got to be you. You're the only one who can help me now"

Me: *thinks - oh FFS, why me??* "Fiiiinnnee. Let's go get them" *spends next half hour collecting trolleys and returning them to Coles, then is forced to exchange mobile numbers with the crazy lady*
    How lovely, you made her day!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Lol.... my little girl (10mo) is always mistaken for being a boy, which drives me nuts as she wears so much frilly pink and has her ears pierced, YES she has short hair, but she's a baby!!
    The same happens to me. The pinkest, girliest clothes go unnoticed, it's always the no-hair that stands out.

Grow hair!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Out shopping with DF and the girls yesterday. Girls each had a shopping bag with a new cushion in it.

Old lady runs up to us: Excuse me but those bags are bigger than them.
    Me: Not really, they want to help with the shopping.
    Old Lady: Parents and kids these days!
    And walks off ???

Also since they were born "Are they twins?" No I just found another baby that looks exactly like mine and stole it.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (01-03-2012),glowingjoh  (05-03-2012),jemmajam  (09-03-2012),poppyseed  (03-03-2012),trishalishous  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    Also since they were born "Are they twins?" No I just found another baby that looks exactly like mine and stole it.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That just made my day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Braxtonsmummy View Post
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That just made my day!
    EVERY time we go out in public, very frustrating when you get asked 10 times in a row lol. And then getting asked how I got pregnant, IVF or naturally? I always want to say lots of sex but never do lol.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

Boost  (01-03-2012)