+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations Jenrose!!!

I like Cue's suggestion!

DD's name is my grandmother's middle name and is the middle name for many of my cousins/aunty. I think some of my Dad's family think I named her after my grandmother. We picked the name for other reasons. I don't really mind that they think that, but if anyone asks me, I tell them why we chose that name

2. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

jenrose  (29-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    Is it annoying because you dont like your MIL? Sorry I was just wondering why it even matters.
    I think I'll just act dumb as that's what everyone is suggesting :-)

For me I don't like that that side of the fam might think that as he's my son and I didn't even know DH grandpa nor very close to them anyway. I don't want my son 'named' after someone I never knew! Who knows I may have found him not my cup of tea per say. I don't know it's just not what I want MIL telling my son. I like her but sometimes she needs to be told things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Just don't tell her and let her believe what she wants. Does it really matter why she thinks that? If it makes her happy, why not just let her believe it?

DD and her paternal grandmother share hte same middle name. Ex-MIL (DD's paternal grandmother) thinks it's to honour her. It's not. I didn't even know it was her middle name when it was chosen. I've let her believe that though... makes her feel special, and why ruin that for her? Might as well let her believe it and keep her happy... it's much better than being the b*tch who burst her bubble (when you don't actually have to), because that's how it'll come across.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have to say I agree with Sassy Mummy- my DD4's middle name is after my nan but it's also DH's Nans name-killed 2 birds with one stone and both Nans feel happy and tell all their old friends the new baby was named after them. If it makes someone else happy and doesn't harm you why say anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I let her know and everything is fine. Wasn't a big deal as it shouldn't be, seeing as he's my son. Thanks guys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That's good then!!