+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The Hunger Games

Okay so on my phone, so I couldn't find if there was already a thread on this.
    I just the last book in the series and feel like I need to debrief, so please come join me and chat about it!
    To those who haven't read it but are wanting to *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMG only one of the best series of books I have ever read!! I just can't wait for the movie. It comes out the week after my birthday so awesome birthday present :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I literally only just finished the last book maybe 20 minutes ago and now my head is abuzz with thoughts and feelings about it all and I can't sleep!

I think a fair bit of the books scare me so much, and I feel like an idiot that they frighten me - but it makes me worried about totalitarian governments and with the threads about the new world order I just feel sick at the thought of it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I just brought the whole set on my Kobo!! I just need to find time to read them

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS1 is reading them, I'm intending to steal them when he's done! So I'm in for a treat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The books were so good I just hope the movie lives up to the books

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely in for a treat lambjam :-)
    My only suggestion would be not to judge how good one book is against the previous or you may be disappointed. When I read the third, I didn't think it was as good as the previous 2, but I think that's just cos it was so much more involved and harder to read. But it is a really good book! Just don't judge against the others lol

It's scary to think that what happens in these books could definitely be a reality in the future. With technology developing at such a fast rate, it's not such a stretch that one day people in high places will be able to control and see everything and be able to end someone's life so easily

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mums2be View Post
    Definitely in for a treat lambjam :-)
    My only suggestion would be not to judge how good one book is against the previous or you may be disappointed. When I read the third, I didn't think it was as good as the previous 2, but I think that's just cos it was so much more involved and harder to read. But it is a really good book! Just don't judge against the others lol

It's scary to think that what happens in these books could definitely be a reality in the future. With technology developing at such a fast rate, it's not such a stretch that one day people in high places will be able to control and see everything and be able to end someone's life so easily
    I didn't like the third book as much either! But then I still felt a bit confused about how book 2 had officially ended, like I really didn't get it!

I've been watching the movie trailers on YouTube and it made me tear up a little bit, I'm really pleased with the casting too, they've done a really good job! Though I had noticed from the movie preview that they've cut out Madge... I hate how they just cut out characters!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sjay View Post
    I didn't like the third book as much either! But then I still felt a bit confused about how book 2 had officially ended, like I really didn't get it!

I've been watching the movie trailers on YouTube and it made me tear up a little bit, I'm really pleased with the casting too, they've done a really good job! Though I had noticed from the movie preview that they've cut out Madge... I hate how they just cut out characters!
    I liked the third book a lot more after I kinda separated it from the other 2. I really think it should have been split into 2 books and elaborated a little more

I didn't even notice she was missing! But yes they have done well with the casting. I'm hoping it lives up to my expectations. Though I find it are that movies are as good as/better than books

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also feel like Gale didn't really love Katniss, but felt more like a brotherly love/ ownership thing more than anything.
    Thats just something I've been mulling over.