+ Reply to Thread
    BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Cool yet another thread about car seats

Hi Everyone

I know its been done a hundred times, but I dont want to trawl through all the judgements and chatter (as I am basically just too lazy )

DD is nearly 6 and average height. I have a Hipod seat (cant remember what its called, but the one that goes to 26kgs)

We have just changed cars, and when I put it in properly ... the seatbelt doesnt sit quite right. It actually sits much better on her when she is in just a small booster chair thing.

I dont really want to buy a new car seat though, when the booster sits her perfectly well in the same seat belt IYKWIM

Would you buy a new seat, or just use the small booster?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I recommend either Safe n Sound Hi Liner or Infa Secure, both have a head rest that extends. The Hi Liner has an anti-submarine clip, the Infa Secure has an anti-submarine path. Both guide the shoulder part to sit in the right place across the chest. I've just take my 8yo out of a 5pt harness and wouldn't trust any other seat unless it was some emergency situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If by small booster you mean a booster cushion (with no back) then no way. They are actually not meant to be used any more. They don't meet current standards or something, but by some loop hole they can still be sold. I remember reading an article about it a few months ago. Maybe someone else will have more info on that.