I just posted the same thing on the general "Pregnancy and Birth" section, but thought I'd also put it on here for some "Canberra-specific" input.
We moved to Canberra from Canada last August and are on temporary resident visa - therefore ineligible for medicare. We do have private insurance but there is a 12 months waiting period for maternity care. Here are my questions:
1. How much does it cost to see a doctor or midwife (preferred) during pregnancy?
2. How much does it cost to get blood test and ultrasound done?
3. Is it possible to deliver at home? (my first one was a home birth by a midwife, and I loved it!)
4. Specific to Canberra, is there only 1 birthing centre, that is at the Canberra hospital?
5. How much do private midwife cost?
6. Anything else I should be aware of, especially without medicare.
Thanks in advance for any info/advise! :-)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
27-02-2012 16:03 #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- May 2011
ineligible for medicare
By Squeak4123 in forum IVFReplies: 5Last Post: 21-04-2012, 14:58
By jthe in forum Pregnancy & Birth General ChatReplies: 11Last Post: 28-02-2012, 14:31
By Winterbubs1012 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General ChatReplies: 23Last Post: 17-01-2012, 21:20
Cryosite Family Cord Blood & Tissue BankCryosite has been providing Cord Blood Banking services for over 14 years, and is the trusted choice of Australian ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Egg Donation in Greece #5Egg Donation
SurrogacyAdoption / Surrogacy
Growth Of Intellection. Discussion?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Career change - good idea?Working Hubbers - Employed
I am... #20General Chat
IUI QueryNon-IVF fertility assistance
Cyclone Debbie Support thread.General Chat
HGC lelvels stressed please helpConception & Fertility General Chat