+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Frustrated with birth control!! Ready to pull my hair out :(

Ok I have only ever tried the pill, it was great for a few years then I started getting constant bleeding, I have been on about 5-6 different brands and it's all the same.. Breakthrough bleeding, bleeding after sex, non stop periods! Argh!!
    So a year after I had my daughter all my periods were fine and decided to give the pill another shot, took it CORRECTLY! At the same time every day ect ect and had non stop full on bleeding.. Then when my sugar pills came no period.. (not pregnant because I didn't have sex that month because of all the bleeding, regardless of that took a HPT an it was neg)
    Had sex last night then the bleeding started again..
    I'm about to go to my dr to see about other methods, I can't have the mirena due to the position of my cervix and I'm prone to polyps, (had an ultrasound done to see if anything was causing the bleeding and all way fine) my GYNO suggested nuva ring a while back but I wanted to try the pill, any way now I'm seriously considering the nuva ring,
    Can any one shed some light on the nuva ring and people prone to break though bleeding?
    Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try Nuva Ring...its d best thing happened to me.You have to insert the ring for 3 weeks then take out for a week as you get periods in that week. Easy, no side effects at all.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to disco86 For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And one more thing i tried ring for five years took out and i fell pregnant a month after.Very happy with it..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to disco86 For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!
    My doctor tried to tell me to go on Yasmine! I'm like no.. I don't want to be on the pill.. And I had tried yasmine in the past and it caused bleeding!
    In the end I got the prescription for Nuvaring
    I'm hoping that this will work for me! I'm kinda expecting bleeding non stop for my first month as my cycle is all messed up from the pill and I just have to start Nuvaring tomorrow as I don't know what is my period and what is hormonal bleeding.
    But hopefully at 2-3 months my periods will be back on track.
    Just a question, how much does it cost?
    If it works though I won't really mind what the cost is lol

Daughter> 03/02/2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its bit expensive around $75-85 for 3 rings.but its worth it coz i messed up with my periods when i was on pills. My weight increased,my blood pressure became very low on pills but then i switched to nuva ring... Everything is fine no weight gain no side effects at all. Worth d try

8. The Following User Says Thank You to disco86 For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it works then I would have no problem paying that, I would rather pay more money and not be depressed every month because something else has stuffed up with the pill.

Yeah the pill has really stuffed me over this time.. I had breakthrough bleeding the whole month and when I stated the sugar pills.. I had no period.. So I just didn't start back up with the pill and it's been a week and still no sign of my period, had bloods done and not pregnant.
    I'm just a little confused as to when to start the nuva ring now.
    I don't know wether to wait it out and see if I start my period, or just start using it now, and use condoms for the first month.
    I just don't want to get off to a bad start on the nuva ring.
    I really do hate the pill now after all this.

Daughter> 03/02/2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You might find you get breakthrough bleeding on Nuva Ring as it's lower dose hormones than the pill. You could give it a try though. You may not be absorbing the pill due to GI issues so the nuva ring might work better as it's absorbed locally and not digested. I like Nuva Ring except for the sore boobs. My A-B cups really fill out on it. DF loves it !