+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Asthma I ****ing HATE you!

I so over this crap!

I'm currently sitting in emergency with A who has been attacking most of today & the last month. This the 2nd hospital trip in 7 days.

I'm over it, I've had enough.

She's full of ventolin that will wear off in 15 minutes & we'll be back to square one again.

I'm over it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs K, poor A I hope it improves for you all! X x

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    just sending you hugs, I wish I could help more. I just spent a week with my grandson in hospital with asthma, Hope A makes a quick recovery. Will the Doctors be able to start a management plan for her?? hugs, Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep, we have atrovent. She needs to use a spacer, not sure how she'd go with bricynal. Worth a try though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    just sending you hugs, I wish I could help more. I just spent a week with my grandson in hospital with asthma, Hope A makes a quick recovery. Will the Doctors be able to start a management plan for her?? hugs, Marie.
    Already have a management plan, we aren't making it to the end before she's attacking again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do not have personal experience with asthma but I do have friends who have children with it and who have had to face the worst that the condition can cause.

One thing that they were told by doctors about the town we live in (mining town) is that the environment is/was making the asthma worse - is it possible that where you are living could be contributing to the frequency and severity of the attacks?

It must be heart breaking for you and very stressful I hope that your daugher improves soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by louellyn View Post
    I do not have personal experience with asthma but I do have friends who have children with it and who have had to face the worst that the condition can cause.

One thing that they were told by doctors about the town we live in (mining town) is that the environment is/was making the asthma worse - is it possible that where you are living could be contributing to the frequency and severity of the attacks?

It must be heart breaking for you and very stressful I hope that your daugher improves soon
    We moved states & it was worse. We've moved back to Newcastle, away from coal dust & she still isn't getting any better. Moving again isn't an option.

She's allergic to the environment which are her triggers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So over this crap.

A was discharged at 5ish this arvo & she's now in med coughing in her sleep.

What I would do for a decent nights sleep.

Off to the pead on Friday morning.