+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Shares

Can anyone give me some advice on what the cheapest and easiest way to sell shares are?
    We don't have a large amount but need the extra $ to help pay for our wedding in a few weeks :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would like to know also please. I have some old Telstra shares I would like to offload.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best thing to do is to sell them online. I use Comsec which is part of Commonwealth Bank. It's free to set up an account, you just link it with a bank account and you can buy and sell shares through that. Brokerage is $29.90 I think for the average person. You can probably find it cheaper though. It's really easy to sell and buy shares online.

Remember though, any profits are subject to capital gains tax, depending, so don't forget that at tax time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by punky View Post
    Best thing to do is to sell them online. I use Comsec which is part of Commonwealth Bank. It's free to set up an account, you just link it with a bank account and you can buy and sell shares through that. Brokerage is $29.90 I think for the average person. You can probably find it cheaper though. It's really easy to sell and buy shares online.

Remember though, any profits are subject to capital gains tax, depending, so don't forget that at tax time!
    Thanks! I did sign up to etrade but then need to print things off, sign, have duplicates of things, mail stuff away.

Am thinking a broker might be just as 'easy'. That's if they don't charge a ****load to do it