+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ange1111 View Post
    Hi girls, we have decided to go ahead and try a VR rather than IVF as first option. I won't go into all the details now but wondering whether anyone else has weighed up these two docs? Dr Woolcott will cost us about $7k out of pocket (we have no cover), Dr Lekich about $8k. It would even out as we'd have to travel Sydney for Dr Woolcott. Dr Woolcott seems fancier, better website etc... But is he better than Metrocentre Dr Lekich?
    Thanks in advance ;-)
    I don't know anything about Dr Woolcott but we used Dr Lekich. He was great and we got success 12 months after the op (my husband had 12yrs between vasectomy and reversal).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone and Hi Dreamgirl!!
    Just thought I would pop in and give you an update on us. Dh's VR failed, he did have return to sperm but after 6mths the numbers started going backwards. 12mths after VR we had our first IVF-ICSI round and had success first go. My little boy-Harrison just celebrated his first birthday. We used DR Lekich on the Gold Coast for VR, my hubbie had too much scar tissue that blocked off the join. I don't regret our journey but with the luxury of hindsight we should have gone Ivf from the very start. It's not an easy process but there were less what ifs and unknowns during the process. I found it less of a mind screw than the VR. Possibly because I was more involved in the process. Recovery was only a day for hubby after IVF as opposed weeks after VR. There are some fabulous results from VR, if your hubby didn't have a good vasectomy in the first place and the Dr says its a bit of a mess on your first consultation, I recommend you consider other options at that point. Could save yourself a lot of heartache. My husband must have been butchered! Lucky they do things better these days , because Us VR ladies know better than anyone that life can take a different direction at any time. Good luck to all those TTC x x x

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI everyone
    We are still paying our PHI and doing the standard 12 month wait so we are covered for most of the VR costs. Over half way there! Pheww! We haven't chosen a surgeon yet but have looked into many.
    I have heard a lot of good things about Dr Woolcott.
    We have also heard great things about a Dr Campbell, I wonder if it is the same one that is in Darwin as the one that has come highly recommend operates on the Gold Coast but I know some of the surgeons operate around Australia.
    We phoned my partners Vasectomy Dr to find out exactly what was done when he did his vasectomy and got exact details, dates etc. as I wasn't with him then so have no idea what happened. We found out he had a scalpel free open ended vasectomy, which is apparently the easiest to reverse. It makes us feel more positive about the VR route knowing what was done rather than guessing in the meantime

Thanks
    Reviews
    I came across Dr Wilson who runs a clinic in America, if you google his name and reversal clinic, lots of info will come up, he currently charges $1800 US and does the microsurgical reversal. I daydreamed about a big holiday to Disneyland, and my partner getting the op done while there lol.
    Also look up Urologist's and ph them all, their secretary will give you their info on costs etc. There are a lot more around that do the same operation as Dr Lekich and Dr Woolcott, look up Dr Eric Chung he is very reasonable, does micro surgery, Dr Charles Chabert receptionist was really helpful and he does the same surgery.

I have seen some go the ICSI/IVF route and they haven't been successful for the first few goes, the issue with going that way before trying the VR is any damage the ICSI may cause to an area, that was what made us decide to try the VR first, I started another thread on here back when I was confused as to which way to go, which was a great help.
    At least with having the VR if we need too, we could have a second option of going to I've/ICSI,if it is unsuccessful, but if we had have gone that way first and it didn't work and further scarring and damage was done then we wouldn't have the option of doing a VR.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

We (DF) went in for VR yesterday, we have a post op check in 4 weeks but I believe first sperm count is at 10 weeks. Apparently he had "great distal and proximal flow, no scarring or blockages" so now it's just a waiting game! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by onedaymaybebaby View Post
    Hi all,

We (DF) went in for VR yesterday, we have a post op check in 4 weeks but I believe first sperm count is at 10 weeks. Apparently he had "great distal and proximal flow, no scarring or blockages" so now it's just a waiting game! 😊
    Exciting times!! Really hope the count is good when you test. Keep us updated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by onedaymaybebaby View Post
    Hi all,

Exciting times!! Really hope the count is good when you test. Keep us updated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks dream girl, I definitely will

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls! Just came across this thread and thought I'd ask for an update on your situations? Hoping to hear some great success stories! My OH had a successful reversal after 15 years, we've tried naturally for 11 months and have now been referred to a fertility clinic I'm excited but nervous to get the ball rolling! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke29579 View Post
    Hi girls! Just came across this thread and thought I'd ask for an update on your situations? Hoping to hear some great success stories! My OH had a successful reversal after 15 years, we've tried naturally for 11 months and have now been referred to a fertility clinic I'm excited but nervous to get the ball rolling! x
    Hi Brooke! We have our 1st SA at the end of feb so not sure if it's been successful for us or not yet! FX though! Good luck to you and yours, who did the reversal?