Closed Thread
Page 110 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1111
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet....I hate my Child health nurse at the moment she didnt say to my face but went around it that I wasnt feeding Amelia enough as she isnt putting eough weight on...Amelia feeds every 4 to 6 hours,,She had me in tears the other week when she left...Amelia will put weight on slowly until she has her heart op as she gets really tired from trying to suck her bottle...I have been in contact with her Peads Dr and he has said as long as she is putting weight on it is fine but once she starts to lose it that is when they will start to worry...So I am not going back to our child health nurse again..Really think that she needs to read up on Downs children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a new MCHN who told us that Ruby was Obese. I know they have these stupid guidelines they have to follow but really. She's happy, healthy and she loves her food. She asked me if she eats a lot of biscuits. Errr no, she doesn't, and she's been on the same weight curve since about 4 weeks. I know they are doing there job and have to follow procedure but not all babies are the same. Kismet she may be about to go through a growth spurt with her speech. If you are at all concerned go for peace of mind but it sounds like your intuition is telling you she is ok.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blondekelli For This Useful Post:

Kismet  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tired I have friends who's bub had to have a heart op. He has just had his op at the children's and is doing great. But he also put on weight very slowly before his op. He was fast tracked as he got a cold and it was making him weaker. He's doing great now. Sounds like Amelia is doing great and sure after her op she will thrive even more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tired - this one I dealt with is 'by the book', even copied off some things from a book for me. Some of them are so rigid with their "advice" they do tend to make you feel like a failure as a mother, I really got my back up when she tried to tell me how to talk to my own child, Evie understands me perfectly. As for her speech I would prefer to see a paed & see what they say first. I agree with BK, as long as Amelia is putting on weight whatever amount it's a good thing.

BK - Ruby is hardly obese. Evie kicked this woman when she tried to take her shoes off her, I had to try and keep a straight face, have never seen Evie behave that way before, her instinct is obviously on fire.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

blondekelli  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ppffff as IF ruby is obese..seriously i know some nurses are good but i swaer MCHN are responsible for more anxious / tearful mums that they could imagine....f*** her the silly mole LOL.

sorry did i miss a post about Evie and speech???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad my MCHN is a good one or I would've had a breakdown. Mitchell got weighed last week, at 3 yrs old he's 11.8kg and 89 cm tall... Average weir of a 1yo, average height of a 2 yo. I can't force feed him, what am I supposed to do, he's just not interested in food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BF. same here. I'm not going to put my 2yo on a diet or restrict her food because of some stooopid guide. I grew up with horrible body issues and while we encourage healthy eating with Ruby she will also know from us that she is perfect how she is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Kel I agree with you 1000%. I caught up with a friend when I was in Melbourne who has a 9 year old and she said the kids at school can be really brutal with each other about appearance and weight and it's really impacting on her daughter who is a perfectly normal looking 9 year old. I look at my kids and think they are the most perfect little creatures in the world and the thought that someone could damage their self esteem horrifies me. I can only hope DH and I can instill enough self worth in them that the opinions of others don't matter so much. (well I can only dream). Putting 3 year olds on diets or thinking they're less than perfect is just heartless (in my humble opinion anyway unless there are obvious health concerns which clearly there aren't with Ruby).

Kismet was Evie tounge tied? For some reason I thought she might have been. I only ask because Scarlett didn't have great speech at 2 but at 3 and a half she's developed fantastically. Do the child care workers at her centre have any concerns? They can often be a very good judge and if they think everything's fine I wouldn't be worried at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    kismet, just read your post about evie ( i havent even taken h yet for 2 yo check oooppss..)...H sounds similar actually...he only puts 2 or 3 undestandable words together (but puts his own unintelligible sentences together LOL)...im not worried, no-one has said anything...my mates kid seems to talk better than him but so what, all kids develop at different speeds...i guess if YOUR worried go to the speechie but i agree if daycare dont seem woried i wouldnt be....kinds reminds me of ivf, some nurses would be like "oh that not too bad" and others would be like "oh thats not a good response"...pffff....

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - I heard Evie say thankyou for the 1st time today so that's a new word, not perfectly but understandable, I think that's proof enough that she's progressing in her own way, like you said they go at different rates.

Sonja - no she wasn't tongue tied and daycare have said not to worry yet because she babbles constantly and is attempting to say words, they said if she wasn't doing any of that then it would be a concern. She was a late teether and walker so I'm guessing she will be a late talker

Backflip - Evie is 10.4kg and 84cm, just turned 2, she's always been a featherweight. My nieces' son (2 1/2) sounds like Mitchell, Evie has almost overtaken him but her paed has said he won't let himself starve and to stop stressing over it.