Closed Thread
Page 11 of 112 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sonya - spencer didn't go back to sleep. I think he carried on for about 15 minutes and I realised he wasn't going to calm down (on and off, but mainly on!). I went in and sat down and rubbed his back and told him to close his eyes. He relaxed and calmed down really well, but was so sobby I felt terrible. Honestly, there was no way he would have let me do that earlier. It IS horrible, and I thought some of you ladies would have been through it. Thank his it's only now and then this happens for us. No extra sleep, but he was pretty good this afternoon. Poor kid had a chuck at mum and dads after dinner though. He hadn't eaten much, so hope he just had an upset tummy and not a tummy wog.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    arrrggghhhhh reading along with all your toddler dilemmas .... can't even imagine that far ahead! At least I know I'll have a wealth of advice here when I get to all those problems!

to all you terriffic mummy's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet. It can be very common to still lactate to some degree once you've breastfed. My mother has had bouts of mastitis since she had us over 40 years ago! I think it's totally normal.

Fiona. I may sound tough but they are also awesome. Ruby is 21 months old and when DH came home from work she ran up to him at the door and sang happy birthday to daddy. Those moments are priceless.

Sonja. You are right. Henry has been pretty good for him. Feedi g 4 hourly overnight. Still hard to settle but coming to grips with both my babies being incredibly difficult in the first months. No huggies moments here, just lots of spew and crying! Lol. Still wouldnt swap a single thing though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mg: hope u recovered ok from the incident the other day.

BK: how is H going? my friend with the reflux baby has ditched her sleep consultant as she said her last child was the same and she has just accepted that #2 will be the same so be it....

alittle: not sure if i said, sorry your cycle was cancelled, i hope u have betetr luck next month.

spot: hope evrything is going ok with u and beany.

took me almost 3 hrs to get to work..bloody sydney traffic in wet weather..should have stayed at home in bed and eaten hot jam donuts..........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i was stiff as a sailboard when i got out the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB. Yeah it's pretty impossible. As much as you try settling/sleep techniques, most of the time your carrying around a baby and doing anything you can to stop them crying. It's pretty exhausting. They just don't SLEEP!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - sheesh! that's no fun, saw the news tonight, what a mess everywhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

Not much time for BH lately - it's impossible to read back fully....

JFB - getting closer now - sounds like you have shocking pregnancies, hang in there...

Kismet - thanks for asking - Tom's feet aren't as bad as we feared from the scan. He's had 2 weeks worth of long leg plasters and they are looking pretty good - he's P1SSED about them though, poor thing

Tom is going ok - I'm stressing about milk issues - he's just so bl00dy hungry and never satisfied, but refuses a bottle so I've been permanently allocated to the lounge with boobs hanging out.... TMI sorry! He's also really difficult to settle so I fear I'll be carrying him full time next week when DH is back at work - he's heavy!!!!!!
    Nathan's paed appointment was disappointing - 5 min consultation and he said he wasn't overly concerned about him but said his language is appalling and could explain all his autistic traits - so recommended 4 months intensive speech/OT and then see him again - he might recommend further assessment at that point if he doesn't improve. Effectively all that means is that he still needs all the treatment of an autistic child, but without the label we don't get the funding to pay for it! As long as he improves I don't really have the energy to care currently!

Hi to everyone out there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB I've become such a bumpkin living in Perth I just don't cope with traffic anymore. If i spent 3 hours in the car it would be like a scene from that Michael Douglas movie Falling Down where he has the meltdown in the middle of the freeway and gets out and goes crazy at everybody.

Mum4nay that is so frustrating. Can you call an ASD support line in Sydney and see if you can't get a 2nd opinion. As for funding I understand it's pretty dire in this country my sister gets nothing for her son. Have you got the book save our sleep? She has a technique in it for getting babies to take bottles which I understand to be pretty successful (I'm sure you could post a question in the general feeding section and someone could help). I introduced a bottle of formula for Marc at bedtime when he was pretty young as he was also always hungry and I didn't think I had enough milk. I also took fenugreek to help my milk.

AFM well the flight from Perth was hell. Lucy was terrific as usual but I was really sick. Spent most of the time trying not to throw up then when my parents picked us up dad had to pull over on the side of the road so I could throw up. Charming! No idea why I think it was from being tired Lucy was awake a lot on Wednesday night with excitement about going away without Scarlett and Marc and seeing her cousins and we also had one of her friends sleeping at our place whil her mum was in hospital giving birth. Anyway lovely day here today. Hope you all have a great day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sonja: when everyone got to work, most of us admitted that at some point we felt like crying.....the bridge here might be closed any minute and it was bedlam down near the bridge..mind u this is semi rural and i just got in my car and went home was going to take harry to his fave park across the bridge....everyone decided to go grocery shopping in case they ran out of milk for one day .......so OVER IT. god that flight sounds just draedful..there is nothing worse being sick looking after a child...but being a plane as well......oh god, must be the month of ralphing on this thread , i hope u have a good time....must be a cinch for u looking after Lucy when youre used to 3 now???

m4n: how dissapointing.....i agree, can u get another opinion or try westmead hospital??? i suppose right now u dont have much time ti look around tho....glad to hear T's feet arent too bad..how long do the plasters stay on for.

BK: i really cant imagine what its like, i only have a few friends expereince to go on and that was pretty awfull..just the exhaustion of it all.........

well..think im getting a cold....seriously wtf! well at least i dont have to go back to work til monday.....would love a babysitter for a few hours tho today....i havent brushed my hair in about 5 weeks (i call it dreadlocks as oppsed to messy) and would give my left arm to see a movie . i even settle for a romantic comedy...actually no i would NEVER get that desperate....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for being MIA, I have had better weeks!
    I went to a horse riding competition on Sunday, and had a nasty accident and came off. Ambulance to hospital, 3 green whistles and I reckon a litre of morphine (ok maybe not but a lot!) I have smashed both forearm bones into 6 pieces, fractured ribs, bruised my hip and back. So I'm in plaster to my elbow and can hardly breathe.
    Went to see a private ortho surgeon on Monday morning, (perks of him having operated on my mum, dad and hubby over the last couple of years is he fit me in within an hour of calling him) only for him to give me the crappy news that the bones are in too many bits to be able to operate on it. So weekly X-rays and visits to see him, and recasting either weekly or fortnightly to keep it completely immobilized.
    The ribs are giving me hell, I can't sit stand, bend down, or breathe without pain. I'm not sleeping, even on strong painkillers, I fall asleep for an hour or two and then lay awake for another 2 trying to ease the pain.
    Hubby has been great, making both kids lunches before he goes to work, friends have been taking Riley to and from school. Mitch is a gem, happy to watch toy story on repeat all day.
    I have personal accident insurance, so will get that underway as it entitles me to a bit of money to get home help in.
    To top off my week, mum came to take me to the doc on Wednesday and on her way home she got cleaned up by an unlicensed uninsured driver of an unregistered car, and wrote her car off

It has to get better soon right?