+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Public or private in Newcastle area with BUPA

I am having so much trouble finding information from hospitals or my private health insurace (BUPA) to help me decide whether I should go public or private and if so what/who/where? I live out of Newcastle but prob want to go there for birth as Im from a small town.

So does anyone have any reccomendations/advice/ really good or bad stories to help me decide a public hospital or a private ob/hospital or if their BUPA cover did or did not cover them well for antnatal care and delivery?

Sorry I know this is a lot of questions but my research that is leading me no where is making me so frustrated I want to hit my computer (irrational I know, hoping this is a preg symptom as Im in tww)

So I thought...I'll ask here. bubhub Mums always have the answers or at least comforting words.

ps. I put up my hospital cover to standard a few yrs ago in prep for a baby so I feel obliged to use it since all those fees Ive paid and not used. But now I have read lots of things saying private is a waste of money and not worth it? thoughts?Thanks so much in advance for any help
    Last edited by plain dreaming; 24-02-2012 at 00:19. Reason: format was wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i had DD2 at JHH and would do it again.
    after her birth i transferred to maitland private for post natal stay so i had the perks of a private hospital then.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

plain dreaming (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i had my son at newcastle private and it was great. my ob was lovely.
    much better experience than I've had in the public system.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpysmurf For This Useful Post:

plain dreaming (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Turns out being overly frustrated at the computer (and my husband and all sorts of things) was a pregnancy symptom! Got my yesterday!
    So surreal I dont know what to do with myself
    Hurray
    guess I have to start actualy making these decisions now! Ah! Oh my gosh! Wow! Couldn't be happier (and a little scared).