+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tips for transitioning towards toddler and baby sharing a room

Does anyone have any tips for putting my 33month old son, and 8 month old son into the same room at night?

Toddler is in a bed, baby is in a cot.

Planning to remove all soft teddy's and extra blankets from the room in case said toddler tried to 'comfort' baby in a smothering way... He is good with him in the daytime now, usually gentle apart from the occasional toy sharing episode.

Both sleep through *most* of the time, apart from teething or colds.

Only problem is toddler currently gets up a few times after going down to bed, and often gets toys or books and brings them back into his own bed to play with, before falling asleep, sometimes with the light on! I've heard the baby being in there asleep can actually put a stop to this?

Baby sleeps like a log, through noise and so on, but i'm more worried it would be a potential safety issue if toddler is getting up, unsupervised. He sometimes does dangerous things in his bedroom in his 'day sleep' which we have now stopped him from having. Once I caught him standing on the bed head (about 5cm thick plank, about 1.5m above the ground), reaching up to get the blind cord which is pegged up high so it's not a strangulation risk. So he's active although I haven't caught him doing that stuff at night. He does end up with lego, books and stuffed teddies in his bed at night often, so we will remove all that while we trial them together.

Has anyone got any tips or warnings or advice?

I have heard there are cot covers you can use? Is this safe? SIDS approved?

I don't have a video monitor but for the first time ever I can imagine why mums have them!
    Last edited by meeks84; 21-02-2012 at 10:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing -

DD is due in June so it's a long way away yet but I'd like some tips for when it does come to transition time.

Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had both my kids in the same room from day 1 they did really good and we never had any issues. They were 13 months apart. I found that they slept through each others crying. I also never had aproblem with DS throwing things in DD cot.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub