ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I do. I wonder if some parents/mothers think their child won't measure up if they don't do every activity some other kid is doing. We just do what suits us. The moment the kids start behaving like anything is too much, it stops. I don't give two hoots what anyone else does.

As far as mealtimes go, I don't find it difficult to prepare healthy meals ahead of time, it just takes a bit of planning.

I think kids should be just left alone to be kids and learn how to actually amuse themselves and PLAY instead of relying of organised activities or electronic gadgets.

Everyone benefits from knowing how to spend some time alone just daydreaming, or creating their own little world. Adults included.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I guess there is such thing as over scheduling but I think if the child enjoys being busy no harm done I personally don't know anyone who over- schedules there kids.
    We used to go to 2 playgroups a week when she was approx 18mths - 2 and half but mainly to get out of the house and try to make friends.
    Between 2 1/2 and 3 dd went to daycare 1 day a week and 1 playgroup. At 3 I put her in an extra day so daycare 2 days a week. That's all she did except for random playdates, shopping trips, park visits etc

She is in prep now and I'm letting her settle in before she will be starting swimming lessons on Saturdays (start very soon) and she has always wanted to do tap and ballet so she can try them both and choose 1 to do after school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe.. a little bit....

My son is in day care/kindy all day 5 days a week so he has plenty of activities..swimming, cookery and mandarin lessons. He has nap 1 hour a day at the daycare.

He goes home at 6 and when DH is home, they go out again. Riding bike, scooter etc around the apartment building.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for being a cow in this thread..
    bad day, no sleep and..really no excuse just a bad mood.

Special sorry to Areca and Pianomum.

Areca, thanks for being so awesome about it.

***back to regular program**

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Areca  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    Sorry for being a cow in this thread..
    bad day, no sleep and..really no excuse just a bad mood.

Special sorry to Areca and Pianomum.

Areca, thanks for being so awesome about it.

***back to regular program**
    We all have our bad days We're only human after all.

*bowing out of this thread so it can get back on track*

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep my kids do too much haha. not really but sometimes i just can't be bothered for it all. I have 2 girls DD1 3years DD2 16months.

Monday we stay home and do the baking for the week
    Tuesday- mainly music and DD1 has swimming
    Wednesday- DD1 has dancing then goes to daycare and DD2 goes to swimming
    Thursday- We all go to mothers group
    Friday- DD1 has dancing again.

The only thing we go to without fail is swimming though if we don't feel like doing the other things we just don't go.

It works for us and althought sometimes i think DD1 might be doing too much she really seems to enjoy it and complains if she misses out on dancing

I agree with what some other people have said that it suits some kids and not others

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Absolutely! But what are you meant to do.

I work, DS goes to school so no chance of play dates during school hours and because I work DS goes to before and after school care so no play dates after school either.

My neighbours don't have kids and even if they did- we don't talk to them other than a friendly Hi when we're coming/going.

DS is an only child so no chance of playing with siblings. He's also not that much into toys so it's usually me insisting on playing lego together.

DS free time play probably consists of playing with the kids at my soccer games- that's if there's kids there. Otherwise he hangs out with the older girls.

Our week looks something like this;

Monday- DS does dancing
    Tuesday- on a waiting list for another dance class DS wants to do. I also do soccer training but leave just as DS is getting into bed
    Wednesday- our free day. We usually try to get to the library and have a milkshake/hot chocolate together
    Thursday- DS does Karate and I do soccer but again leave when DS is getting into bed.
    Friday- our free day. This is our movie night. Special dinner + popcorn, special milk and movie. We love our movie nights.
    Last edited by SimplyMum; 01-03-2012 at 14:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD probably does, but she's only 2 and I have to get out of the house or some days I feel like I'm going mad. Monday we go to the library for singing and storybooks. Tuesday she goes to daycare for the day. Wednesday swimming. Thursday Playgroup. Friday swimming. If she's overtired or I don't feel like it, we skip library or playgroup. Next term we'll drop at least one swimming lesson and probably do kindergym instead. DD is very active and loves to run and jump and climb and all tgat and our yard is not really suitable for her to be outside alone unfortunately and I can't sit out there all day with her.

I think it does depend on the kid once you hit school age, I did gymnastics, track and field training and music lessons at least 4 days a week after school in primary school.
    In high school I did music lessons one day a week and horseriding the other 6, I didnt have to but I wanted to...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they are in a lot of cases.

Mine get worn out enough by school, we don't want them exhausted so they can't spend time with their family (which is more important) or do there homework.
    Last edited by lolly137; 28-03-2012 at 20:13.