+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hope u reported the centre they deserve to be given a kick in the a$$ and shut down

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mumma2ajem For This Useful Post:

laurea  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My nephew hated DC. He would scream hysterically as we drove up to it.

One day his grandpa came to collect him early to take him out for a treat. He went to his room and he wasn't there, the grandpa asked 'where's ***?', the girl got up and said 'wait here, I'll just go get him', he waited a moment, then followed her, he saw her taking his grandson out of the laundry cupboard with a swollen, tear stained face, he was half asleep still.

Apparently this was his special naughty corner. He told us he was put in his naughty corner all day every day.

He wasn't even 2 yet.

The centre has changed management since the complaint was laid. He has changed DC and now loves DC and asks to go in the weekends too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post

One day his grandpa came to collect him early to take him out for a treat. He went to his room and he wasn't there, the grandpa asked 'where's ***?', the girl got up and said 'wait here, I'll just go get him', he waited a moment, then followed her, he saw her taking his grandson out of the laundry cupboard with a swollen, tear stained face, he was half asleep still.

Apparently this was his special naughty corner. He told us he was put in his naughty corner all day every day.

He wasn't even 2 yet.

The centre has changed management since the complaint was laid. He has changed DC and now loves DC and asks to go in the weekends too.
    Poor baby! I'm glad he goes to a better one now!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

laurea  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post

He wasn't even 2 yet.

Omg!!?? That's disgusting!! poor little man

7. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

laurea  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    In the nursery they are not all put to bed at the same time (except in the couple in this thread) and are usually patted or rocked in the main area before being put in the sleep room. That way a carer can rock a baby in a rocker while putting another to sleep.

It can't be helped that they are sometimes left for a few minutes if we are heating bottles, changing nappies, feeding other babies, or dealing with another upset baby but I have never known a baby to be left after waking or when wanting a bottle for more than 5 minutes. Last time we had a particularly sad bubba the director came and got him and took him to the office with his bottle, dummy and blanket and brought him back asleep to put him into bed.
    My SIL is a childcare director and she explained this word for word

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    My SIL is a childcare director and she explained this word for word
    I have worked in every role within a centre over the last 14 years, and any centre that leaves them for long periods is not doing it right.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    it's not even in the staff's interest to leave babies crying, if one baby cries, others wake up, and/or become distressed themselves. Trust me, any CC worker who isn't insane will try to get a baby to stop crying as fast as humanely possible!!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Berrie  (18-02-2012),GrabbyCrabby  (18-02-2012),PurpleButterfly4  (18-02-2012),Yep  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can not believe that would every happen (def not if in Victoria!!!) as it would be totally against the national quality standards and the centre would be under investigation. The mother that told you has a duty of care to report that service to the department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smootch View Post
    I can not believe that would every happen (def not if in Victoria!!!) as it would be totally against the national quality standards and the centre would be under investigation. The mother that told you has a duty of care to report that service to the department.

It has been reported.

Yes it does seem crazy, but she seems to block them out and only goes in to put bubs in or take bubs out at the time they are meant to.

As for what she does, well, her room is amazing to see, so colourful, her program is bright and happy looking, art work is displayed, although a lot of it is not done by the babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
    Sounds similiar to where I done my work placement. I subsequently didn't finish that diploma! On my first day a 6 week old baby was left to scream in the cot for the whole 2 hour 'nap time' I was almost in tears. I asked to transfer rooms. I ended up in the pre kindy room where I witnessed one woman repeatedly picking on one particular child. She roughly pushed him into the 'naughty' corner, into his chair for lunch, out the door to play etc. She continuously told him he was naughty and ruins her day! I told the director all of this and then cancelled my placement.

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one
    As a human being you have a duty of care to report the above! I hope you did instead of just walk away and allow it to continue.