+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I can't win when it comes to this - my DS is almost 6 years old and has been an early riser since the day he was born. 6 am would have been a sleep in for me up until he was about age 2, and now our usual time to wake is 6.30 am. He just LOVES getting out of bed, I have to put him to bed so early because if he stays up late he still wakes early and is a grump for the rest of the day.

When he stays with my mum a handful of nights per year, I still wake at 6 anyway and can't get back to sleep and feel funny without him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have plenty of days like that - today is one of them. I only a couple of hours sleep and DD2 has been crying all day because she is getting her molars and nothing i do helps her. DD1 is a using this as a chance to be a turd and get into mischief - i'm totally don't want to be a parent today.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

ICanDream  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mim1 View Post
    Oh yeah, at 4:40am this morning I wanted to just roll over and pretend my dd didn't want me to get up & give her milk. When she didn't go back to sleep after her feed and instead wanted to play, again I wished I could just go back to bed & pretend she wasn't awake. Then, I looked at her face & she gave me her super cute grin and I melted ... how can they do that? I suppose bubbas know from an early age (she's 4 months old) that when they look cute it's a lot harder for Mummy to say no or get upset.
    Oh yes, they know! DD gives me a HUGE smile when I walk into her room. It always makes me smile too! Sometimes I find myself staring at her, desperately wishing for a tired sign so I can put her back to bed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I knew there had to be others! Haha. Atleast he gives me good day time naps so that I can sit on bubhub and complain about him :P

And yes he does the whole 'lay his head on me and smile like a little angel' thing early in the mornings. Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im almost 38 weeks pregnant. And today i am having a "me" day!!

Yes i got woken up by DD blowing her friggen whistle in my face but she has gone to kindy. I went and used the pedicure voucher i got from girls at work, got myself some donuts and now im home ......... bored because i decided i was going to do nothing but relax today...

im not used to being alone and not doing anything - and even though ive wanted it for so long i get to today and im like..... so now what?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely know the feeling! I'm 20 weeks pregnant and reminiscing about when I was at this stage with DS1. I was studying from home, so I got up whenever I wanted, showered whenever I wanted...and going out was so easy!
    Now I have an 18 month old little boy, and he's my entire world...but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have these days fairly often lately, being so tired!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP I started a thread on this last year- it was MUCH more detailed than yours but it essentially said the same thing- I had pages and pages of members all saying they had their 'moments' too.....

Here http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...f-a-bored-SAHM

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah I know those days,

Ds sleeps til 8 or 9 am cos he doesnt go to bed til 11pm - midnight (and wakes still during the night) this morning ds woke once at 1am and I slept from 2 am - 6am without a wake up and at 6 am I was like awake

somedays I wake up and think is it bedtime yet? (ds doesnt nap usually of a day)

somedays I cant help but think what the **** was I thinking when I thought I could do this "parenting" thing :l

The other day I realised why I NEVER take my son grocery shoping,
    Although it was good that I didnt add random **** to the shop, just gtfi and gtfo as quick as possible (trolley +over tired almost 2 year old = recipe for disaster)

*hugs* hope tomorow is better for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im hearing you. I think to myself regularly am I mad going back again? Then I feel guilty for that thought.

I love my son with all my heart but sometimes I wish he had an 'off' switch.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You are absolutely, 100% NORMAL As much as we love our little munchkins, doesn't mean we love the 6am wake ups etc.. we're not crazy.. LOL!

I am sooo taking advantage of my time and lesiure during this pregnancy.. I'm up with DS at 6am, get him ready for school and he's on the bus at 7:30, then I hope back into bed and "we" (me and bubba in utero) have a nap I'm lucky that I'm not working so I can do this. I'm naturally exhausted due to hormones and so lucky to be able to sleep in peace etc..
    I'm not stupid, lol.. lapping it up while I can! In just over four months, these naps and leisure time will be a distant memory.. at least for next 5 years!!