+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Havnt read every response

Tafe qualified teachers are fantastic trained teachers. The two years I spent in tafe was more involved and intense than my uni qualifications and I value that more.

For under twos you are required to have a tafe diploma trained teacher in the class room for majority of the time even if there is a uni trained teacher as tafe has a more involved under twos training

In 2009 my award for step 4 diploma trained was $24-$25 (can't remember exact $) that was for NSW. Than there was a national award introduced so NSW award went down to $20-21 to meet national average.

In a few months I will finish my early childhood teaching degree for my step one award itll be $20-21.

Step 4 (which is four years experience ) is as high as you can currently go

So after four years of uni your award is not much higher than a tafe diploma. Which is actually not that much higher than cert 3 or untrained.

If your a director of community based Or authorized supervisor of a private centre you get an extra $20 a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Pink-Hen View Post
    Havnt read every response

Tafe qualified teachers are fantastic trained teachers. The two years I spent in tafe was more involved and intense than my uni qualifications and I value that more.

For under twos you are required to have a tafe diploma trained teacher in the class room for majority of the time even if there is a uni trained teacher as tafe has a more involved under twos training

In 2009 my award for step 4 diploma trained was $24-$25 (can't remember exact $) that was for NSW. Than there was a national award introduced so NSW award went down to $20-21 to meet national average.

In a few months I will finish my early childhood teaching degree for my step one award itll be $20-21.

Step 4 (which is four years experience ) is as high as you can currently go

So after four years of uni your award is not much higher than a tafe diploma. Which is actually not that much higher than cert 3 or untrained.

If your a director of community based Or authorized supervisor of a private centre you get an extra $20 a week.

people also think directors rake in the $$$$$ for all the extra crap and work you need to do it is not worth the pittance $$$$$ they give you each week no one wants to direct anymore because of all the crap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumma2ajem View Post
    people also think directors rake in the $$$$$ for all the extra crap and work you need to do it is not worth the pittance $$$$$ they give you each week no one wants to direct anymore because of all the crap
    Yep when I was authorized supervisor I was shocked I only got $20 extra which didn't make sense with all the responsibility I had meaning I'd cope it all if DOCS breached us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im on 20 ph .. Id love 25

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub