ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sorry to hear that things have been stressful OP.

Stress itself cannot cause a miscarriage. Take care

Quote Originally Posted by Blairysmum View Post
    I know exactly what your going through, although I was 16 weeks when my Husband decided to drop a bomb on me.. We tried to make things work for several weeks unfortunately his work took him away from home and when he come back he left me.. I stressed pretty much my whole pregnancy, to the point where I ended up in hospital due to panic attacks. I went two weeks over according to my due date so the stress certainly didn't have any effect on making bub appear earlier!
    He is now a very happy healthy 5 month old!! Just try and stress less hard I know!!
    I'm sorry to hear that Blairysmum (I'm an old hubber with a new name change btw). That's so sad. I hope you are doing much better now

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hey i am doing an assignment for uni where i had to read a study on this - ill give you the link if you like, but apparantly some stress is actually possibly good for the baby (in moderate amounts). Specifically women who suffered higher levels of anxiety in mid pregnancy had 2 year olds that scored higher in mental & motor development scores…so the news isnt all bad for mums that stress sometimes.

& I doubt any amount could cause a miscarriage. As long as you are trying to feel good when you can your baby wont be effected.

Don't worry, your baby will be just be fine
    Last edited by Ulysses; 16-02-2012 at 16:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had stress early on in my pregnancy, mainly because Sister was living with us and not contributing which was driving DH crazy! Stress at work didn't help either....
    Then my parents arrived for their holdiay and Dad drove me insane!! I'm a bit OCD when it comes to routines and things how i like it and dad was doing things out of order or just to frustrate me... the last 2 months have been wonderful with just DH and I