+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
    Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A 'me' post and just cutting and pasting please forgive me!

Ok girls I finally got the call... There up to 351 from 112!!! They have tripled since wednesday.
    I think I can let myself get excited now!! Scan is may 15th to see how many are in there... Woo hoo feel like doing cartwheels!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

minxyq (21-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KandP View Post
    Ngaiz - We almost bought a house at the end of January, but negotiations fell through; we've now decided to put the house on hold until we know what's happening with IVF - we don't want to be caught out with mortgage and IVF stuff before our first cycle, at least! I feel the same way about my DH - this is bringing us closer for sure, he's been just wonderful <3 We're also going overseas in June - to Indonesia. We'd planned it before we started IVF so regardless, a break away is going to be perfect for us.

AFM: My belly is slightly more bloated, i'm really tired and today I took my dad to a funeral (it was his oldest friend- mates for 45 years) and i was an absolute mess The deep sadness i felt for him was definitely compounded by the hormones. I'm day 4 of Gonal F (400iu) and one sniff of Synarel a day.
    Hey KandP,
    Are you already vaccinated for overseas travel? I had drug information at mater hospital researching vaccination interactions with IVF drugs and pregnancy. It's all looking positive so holiday should go ahead. Although, I'm still a little paranoid, I'm so over conscious of everything that could potentially have and adverse affects on my chances of pregnancy. I need to decide over the weekend though to have the HepA vaccine before ET.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

KandP (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Broomdyke. Rest up over the weekend and fingers crossed you will get your EPU soon.

Zakmick- that is awesome news!! I also happy for you. Great numbers! Bring on the 15th!!! Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi KandP

I just got back from an Indo trip was fabulous and much needed after the first cycle.

My inoculations were up to date prior to starting ivf. I didn't need any medication however I got really sick with a chest infection the flu and colds at rife over there take a good medical kit with antibiotics you respond to I didn't and was very sick when I got home before fet which was then cancelled but not because I was sick. I found the trip was great to give me something to look forward to so much relaxation I barely thought about the next cycle there. Good luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellavista For This Useful Post:

KandP (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Hey KandP,
    Are you already vaccinated for overseas travel? I had drug information at mater hospital researching vaccination interactions with IVF drugs and pregnancy. It's all looking positive so holiday should go ahead. Although, I'm still a little paranoid, I'm so over conscious of everything that could potentially have and adverse affects on my chances of pregnancy. I need to decide over the weekend though to have the HepA vaccine before ET.
    Hey ngaiz - i'm already vaccinated for Hep A & B, so should be all sorted. If i'm pregnant (we'll know mid-May if it's successful) then this will be a very relaxed, non-adventurous holiday (no crazy food or quad-bike riding ) and if i'm not, well, it will be the perfect way to unwind, and really prepare ourselves for the next cycle.

We can pretty much go into the next cycle as soon as we return. My FS will be away for all of July, but he's recommended someone else, who incidentally was recommended by my SIL I'm just crossing fingers that whatever the outcome, we end up with some frosties so i dont have to jab again. If i do though, i'll take it on the chin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Broom, I'm thinking of you.

No call on today's levels, so I'm guessing I carry on as normal - 125 of Puregon & regular evil Synarel sprays all weekend.

Ultrasound and more bloods on Monday.

Today is day 9 of stims and I'm feeling huge. Bloaty, super tired, emotional and kind of... gassy/windy. (sorry for TMI!)

Going to have a quiet weekend & pray all goes well for next week. I go back to work (i'm a teacher) on Monday after our ultrasound appointment. Feel so gross.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Akakura - Have been checking in to see how you are. Huge Congratulations

Wonderful news!!! Very excited for you. Stay in touch and let me know how you get on xxx

to everyone else. In a hurry so can't do personals now, will have to catch up on everyone else's news later.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Feet For This Useful Post:

akakura (21-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post

Today is day 9 of stims and I'm feeling huge. Bloaty, super tired, emotional and kind of... gassy/windy. (sorry for TMI!)

Going to have a quiet weekend & pray all goes well for next week. I go back to work (i'm a teacher) on Monday after our ultrasound appointment. Feel so gross.

mrsjaguar - that was me and I thought it was just me as well.... I started eating more fibre and that just made things even worse...

Best of luck for Monday's scan and bloods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyPonds View Post

Lee - Hope you get discharged today! If you don't mind my asking. What were your symptoms?

I still have a sore tummy and I woke up last night a 1am and . But I did that last EPU as well so I'm not panicing.
    Hi lilyponds - I was worried about you with ohss after your huge egg haul too. But I hope you don't get it or only mild symptoms!!

For me, I had EPU on a Wed, went to work thurs & fri, mild "bloating" in the abdomen but by Friday night was very sore too (could hardly move).
    Bloating & pain worsened from there - Nausea kicked in on Saturday when I called doc and ET was cancelled. He said I would feel crap til about the following Wed BUT vomiting started sat night went to hosp Sunday morn for anti-nausea meds, back home ok until Sunday night, vomiting & diarrhea. Back into hosp on Monday morn and stayed there from then, however symptoms continued to worsen and were just controlled by meds until Thurs. other signs: dramatic weight gain, abdomen distended.

I really hope nobody else gets it, it was terrible! The worst part is they can't give you anything to "fix it" it's just takes time.

Broomdyke- 30 follicles on scan! That's a scary number, are they coasting you with the bed rest to try and reduce those numbers? Have they set a date for EPU yet or just a wait & see at the moment? At least they are aware and are watching you for ohss. I really hope it goes well for you and no severe symptoms Fx!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee80 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds (23-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also - once your abdomen is full of fluid your diaphragm pushes up onto the bottom of your lungs. Breathing becomes very shallow and your oxygen saturation levels are impacted leaving you feeling short of breath and any movement leaves you puffed. I also had small amounts of fluid on the lung towards the end. Sorry don't want to scare people

The doc told me I was mod to severe, I think you get worse if you go ahead with ET and fall preg because the hcg levels exacerbate the symptoms for longer.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee80 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds (23-04-2012)