+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
    Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bellavista big hugs!!!

Lee, omg 22 blasties, that is incredible, you will have more than one in there!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella, so sorry to hear your embies didn't make it through the thaw like the other ladies, I found the best way to try to stay 'up' is to work out the next step and focus on that. That's not to say you shouldn't mourn the loss, and try to do that together.

lee...woah 22 embies...you'll never have to have another stim cycle ever!!! I hope you are feeling better soon... hehe no worries on the roll call updates... I am not very good with doing personals, so I do that instead. Jabbing is going ok. I am funny with injections... I just have a thing about watching the needle break the skin...once it's in I am fine... I just can't that watching that moment. So I started out having DH do the gonal F last time. He won't make much of a nurse, but I think it makes him feel a bit more involved.... so I am letting him continue doing that this time. I do the cetritide though... I don't trust him to do that one without bruising...lol... so I pinch swab, put the needle near where it needs to go.. look to the ceiling and jab, then deal with administering the drug.

no word from dexter's mum I hope her ET went ok

good luck to those with big days tomorrow ... I hope it all goes smoothly and with great results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry, can't read too far back.

Bella, you are so strong, what an awful thing to go through. You seem to have such a positive attitude. I think its harder for men because they don't always talk about it and they take it personally when its MFI. My DP was devestated when we had the chemical pregnancy last cycle, i think he got his hopes up a bit too much. I think all you can really do is take one day at a time, and also plan nice things to do together to take your mind of it. We try to do things like weekends away, plan for trips in the future, try and not make falling pregnant feel like the be all end all. Hope you guys get through this and can look forward.

Littlefeet, are you doing a natural cycle? Gosh these frozen cycles are much easier. Hope you get more results on friday.

Lillyponds, have you had your EPU yet?

Jaebyrd, sounds like you've got a good fertilisation rate. Hope they all grown well over the next few days. How many days are they growing them?

Mrs Jaguar, how are all your follies going? have you done any scans yet? Hope all the jabbing and sniffing is going well and not causing you too much grief.

Broomdyke, are you jabbing for a full stim cycle? Hope its all going well.

Lee, woah, 22 embies! You've got enough for a football team! You poor thing, the OHSS sounds absolutely awful. I hope they are taking good care of you and that all the fluid starts to go away soon. It sounds terrible.

Minxq, the jabs can be a bit freaky at first can't they. I was fine doing mine to start, but then when realised i got an instant headache with the, i really had to force myself to do it in the end. The things we do!

Akakura and Disney, how are you surviving the TWW?

I'm just pill popping now. I feel like i rattle when i walk! I think the metformin combined with the estrdoil is a bad combo, i pretty much feel hungover most of the time, very queasy with a bad headache. yuk. These FET cycles are so much easier though! Our FET was going to be friday 27th but they are stretching it to monday the 30th for me so i can spend the weekend in brissie with DP.

to everyone

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clementine : hey if a full cycle is jabbing for 11 days then yeah lol I have no idea what a full cycle is lmao, hope all is well with you your right when you say the things we go thru

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bella! So sorry to hear!! Xxx

Just a quick one as I'm on the bus, I start jabbing tomorrow with 350 puregon and keep sniffing as well! Synarel makes me feel crappy and exhausted! Actually looking forward to starting puregon! It should pep me up abit!!! 1st scan should b fri 27th! Here's hoping for a good cycle!!

Xxx baby dust to all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @broom - Yay! A fellow jabber. I wasn't sure for a while there. So many with EPU's & transfers booked in.

@bella - Still thinking of you & your hubby. Good luck with your next decision.

@Lee - WOW! You give me hope that we might just be ok. Congratulations on all those frosties!

@Clementine - thanks for checking in! All going well, today was day 7. I had my first blood draw to check hormone levels this morning - requested a call/text to let me know how they were, but apparently it's common to NOT hear back from them, so who knows. I have another blood draw on Friday morning, then the big follie scan on Monday morning.

@GStef - another sniffer and jabber? yay! I hate Synarel. I'm actually tempted to try the Lucrin injections next time, because I CANNOT STAND the taste of the Synarel. It's nasty. And the headaches are awful. Puregon is NOTHING compared to that.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 5dp5dt and I just know this hasn't worked. I know '10dpo' is still early to tell and that I shouldn't compare to other cycles, but I feel EXACTLY like I do on a regular natural cycle. I do NOT feel like I have done IVF at all!!!!

Would it be irresponsible of me to stop all medications now so that it doesn't muck up when AF should be due?

I'm going to POAS on Friday and if it shows BFN, then I will stop my meds as my BT was sheduled for Sunday anyway, but changed it to Monday as I am away that weekend.

I'm finding it very hard to come to terms with accepting a full blown IVF BFN

I don't think I'm strong enough, or mentally stable enough to do IVF. I don't even know if I want to do another cycle and just call it quits.
    I think that's why I'm taking it so much harder, because I'm not just getting a BFN, I am potentially accepting that I will never have children.

Yes, I may be being dramatic, but I can't do this every month. I did it for 2 years naturally which was hard enough. It is even harder doing it every month when you know you actually have an embryo in there and constantly wondering if it is still growing.

I feel like a failure because I can't even have kids through IVF
    Last edited by Disney Baby; 18-04-2012 at 11:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the me post, but some good news.

BT today:
    HCG up to 491 (not quite double but pretty close)
    Prog up to 32

This one's a fighter. Another BT on Friday.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Sorry for the me post, but some good news.

BT today:
    HCG up to 491 (not quite double but pretty close)
    Prog up to 32

This one's a fighter. Another BT on Friday.
    This is brilliant news, peoniesarepretty!! Fingers crossed that the HCG keeps doubling

disneybaby - much love, hang in there love <3

I'm at work so can't call out to my April ladies personally - but i hope all is well with everyone <3

Just wanted to give an update - i'm on day 2 of injections; had my day 6 appointment with Wazza yesterday - all looks well from the scans and apparently my ovaries are "nice and quiet" lol! My right ovary is a little small so he's put me on 400units of Gonal F. Given that amount, the injection feels like it takes half an hour to actually administer and a further half an hour to wait (really, 10 seconds...) Today's wasn't fun. I accidentally moved the needle and when i injected the hormone OH BOY did it sting. I'm sure practise makes perfect though.

So far, i'm actually not too bad with the hormone side effects. Synarel tastes a bit blergh, but i'm ok with it. I have gotten headaches but nothing too fierce. I've noticed a definite increase in feelings of vagueness and loss of memory...

* I already mentioned that I put the glad wrap in the fridge
    * While showing a colleague where I lived whilst at work, I intended to open Google Maps, but I opened up MS Outlook and was confused as to why the map wasn't showing - I had opened a new mail message. She's also gone through IVF so just laughed.
    * I keep forgetting what i'm about to say

As for emotional stuff, i'm definitely less tolerant of annoying things, i have felt a bit teary and just really really tired. I'm also feeling hot flushes (but not terrible) and really that's about it; i'm actually feeling pretty good, all things considered. I'm only on day 2 of Gonal F so we'll see how i am come Sunday .

As an aside, i had a major "6 degrees of separation" moment at Wazza's office yesterday - we went in at 7 and there was one other girl there - who was a girl that i worked with about 8 years ago and was quite close to while working together. I'd only just thought of her too, and when we were talking she said "i was just thinkinga bout you the other day!" It was great! We've swapped numbers and we're hopefully catching up soon. Small world, eh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ladies

Just quickly. I'm back home from EPU and we got a massive 24 . So like Lee we are concerned about OHSS.

Peonies - That's such great news. You sure have a little fighter there.

Disney - .