+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 161 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well the original FS I saw was all about doing things naturally. Taking vitex for only 1 month seemed to be my golden ticket to regular cycles. Although, the ONLY cycle that hasn't been 30 days was the one while I was waiting for AF to start IVF, but no suprises there
    She was 2 days late.

I think if I was seeing my old FS, she wouldn't make me do a medicated cycle, but this new FS...I dunno.
    I don't want to be racist or anything, but she is Indian and I am worried that she won't understand what I explain to her about what happened with my other FS. Maybe IVF doctors are different, but I have had many 'arguments' with other Indian regular GP's because they just don't listen or understand.

I'm so angry that our other FS screwed us over and left the clinic after 1 cycle, leaving us to have to find AND PAY FOR another consultation with a new FS that may or may not change everything
    I don't think it's fair that we have to pay another $180 to see a new FS because our one left us in the lurch.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney Baby For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the words of encouragement girls DH is definitely getting better and he can come home tomorrow! I spoke to Kate at Wazza's office and she said that we can stil cycle in April!!!

It's amazing how life puts things into perspective - we've been planning to buy a house for the past 6 months - dilligently saving all of our money for a deposit. Then we find out that we're going to have to start IVF treatment, so the house idea is pretty much on hold until we have gone through it to know what the costs are going to be (and thank god we've been saving money!). Then my DH was hospitalised and it ALL went out the window - i didn't even think of IVF until 2 nights ago, and then it was when i knew he was getting better and we discussed the medications and how it may affect his swimmers. But yeah, all i was focussed on was him getting better.

As for any symptoms i'm having - i'm starting to get twingy cramps and my boobs are heavier and getting tender which means AF is about 5 days away, yay!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KandP For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ladies

Disney - I had an issue with a GP who was foreign. I was pregnant with DD2 and I got a condition that makes you dizzy. I forget what it's called but it was caused by the baby sitting on a nerve that affects balance.

Any who I was throwing up and couldn't keep anything down and he basically said pop maxalon see you later.

Fat lot of good he was so I rang my OB's office and spoke to the midwife there and she booked me in to see the other OB as mine was away and I was admitted to hospital and put on a drip.

That coupled with a previous bad experience with the same nationality Dr I'm a bit wary of them and try and avoid them if I possibly can.

It's was a bit cruddy that your FS left. Why did he take you on if he knew he was going to leave? Unless it was a recent development? But I would think he was in negotiations a while before leaving. If he knew he was leaving he could have mentioned it to you so your could then decide but unfortunately you would still have another consult fee.

KandP - for being able to definitely cycle in April. And for your DH coming home. What a relief for you. Do you know what protocol you'll be doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Looks like I will be cycling again in April, so if its ok I would like to join your thread please.

A little about me, I have only 1 ovary as the left was removed due to endometriosis. I also have PCOS, Fibroids and Adenomyosis which is basically endo of the euterus and makes implantation difficult as we have very thick endometrium linings.

Anyway this will be our 3rd ICSI cycle and although I produce a lot of eggs at EPU, we have very poor fertalisation rates and have had nothing to freeze. So I have never had the luxury of a FET, I have had to stimulate each time.

Our FS said it will be our last ICSI cycle with my eggs if our fert rate does not improve. This cycle I will also be injecting a Human growth hormore from day 7 for 5 days - adding an extra $1000 onto our cycle. BUT we are willing to try it to see if it improves our fertalisation rates. As our FS said there is no point continuing IVF, wasting money to have poor quality embryos.

So fingers crossed we have a better cycle.

Have just finished AF, and as soon as she arrives hopefully end of March then we will book on for start of April.

Look forward to getting to know you all xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rivergirl For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rivergirl

Welcome to Amazing April. I'm hoping it will be amazing for you. You've certainly been put through the ringer. Having to stim each time. You poor thing. You must be so sick of needles. I know a lot of the ladies have done DHEA is that the hormone your trying? And it adds more $$ to an already expensive process.

FX the hormone does it's thing and AF arrives on time for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lily ponds,

yep have been through the ringer thats for sure. This will be our 3rd cycle in nearly a year - for us it has been a slow process!

No I am using Saizen injections as the Human Growth Hormone - or as my FS said "Red Bull for eggs".

My FS has not mentioned once about DHEA. I know of a lot of the ladies on here use it, but he has not suggested it for me.That's not to say it doesn't work for some ladies, but I trust his judgement. He is the top FS at our clinic and also invented the Menevit Pill!! I think my issue is that I have lots of eggs its just that they are not good quality. DHEA I think is to help get more eggs - correct me if I am wrong.

We are very excited and also very apprehensive about this next cycle. If it doesn't improve the fert rates then we will need to look at donor eggs, which is just another ball game completely!!

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    KandP - So glad to hear that your DH is fine and that he gets to come home, and YAY for still being able to cycle in April!

Rivergirl - Sorry to hear that you have to stim each time. I hope that this new injection helps you to get better quality eggs

Lilly - The receptionist told us that our FS only told them a month ago that she was going to leave, and my DH was like "We have only seen her for 1 month/cycle. Why did she take us on if she knew she was leaving", to which the receptionist had no reply *sigh*
    I was going to call the clinic to ask about a medicated FET, but I figured that they won't be able to help me and tell me to just wait for my appt with the new FS.
    I have so many questions about an FET, but I will have to wait until the 21st to ask them, which may be too late

AFM - CD10 today and I am STILL getting the tail end brown bleeding of AF. Usually it only lasts about 2 days, but it has been on and off for going on 5 now! I did notice that my AF was more heavier and more clotty then usual which I just put down to the m/c.
    Does anyone know if the longer I 'bleed', the longer my cycle will be?
    I usually O/get my surge on CD15 which I will still test for, but I don't have many OPK's left so I don't want to waste them if my next AF will be delayed because it took longer to get rid of this cycle.

Did that even make sense?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney Baby For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney - Yes that made sense. You may spot for a little while because of the MC. But it may not hinder your cycle. Unfortunately it's a wait and see what happens kind of thing. You may O as per normal. Everyone is different. it may not be to late to do a medicated cycle if need be. But just wait and see what your new FS says. Can you be put on a cancellation list in case they get a cancellation?

Rivergirl - I have heard of saizen. I don't know about either that or DHEA but I was under the impression it was for egg quality??? I don't know lol. I love the red bull comparison . I really hope the new jab helps and you can forget doing the donor path.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the words, ladies

LillyPonds: From what Wazza set out for us, i'll be starting Synarel on Day 20 after AF starts, then Day 1 of my next bleed (the beginning of my stim cycle) i reduce synarel - then day 6 i start FSH injections (350iu) (i see Wazza on that day - bloods and scan and shown how to inject), and then another appt on day 11 to see how my follicles are going?

He told me that he's starting me on 350iu given my AMH (9.1) and history of endo and that i'm 34 - he's not too worried about OHSS (thank goodnss - that sounds like a barrel of laughs )

I just want AF to hurry the hell up and get here so I can make a start!

BTW: when i was working out my protocol just then - my DH said "oh hang on, i've made a spreadsheet with all the info!" I love him so much

Rivergirl - welcome to the thread - i've only just joined bubhub (i needed somewhere to feel comfortable posting the things i don't want to spam my friends/facebook account with hehe). I can't wait to hear about your journey - you are an absolute trooper, i wish you all the best

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KandP For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (08-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=LillyPonds;6419769]
    ROLL CALL

Limbo Land
    Allymumtobe
    Ngaiz

Waiting for AF
    Amandamoo
    Disney

Pill Popping
    LillyPond

Sniffing

Jabbing
    Misty - lucrin. start puregon on 14th March

Sniffing & Jabbing

EPU

ET

FET

TWW

Hugs needed this time

Graduates

hope you all are doing well.. read some but after starting lucrin my mind is getting very forgetful...

Disney - you poor thing.. can't believe you're sister said that to you.. that's terrible. yes i'm glad she's on the other side of the country too.. you don't need that while on the ivf rollercoaster.

All - hope you are well, thank you for this forum.. it does keep me sane to know you are all here to share our stories. meds are knocking me around a bit and i've only been on them for 3 days... this is going to be a very long cycle.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Misty For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (08-03-2012)