+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, i'm also new to bubhub and are hoping to start my first cycle of full stim IVF in the first week of April. I'm nervous but more excited than anything.

My background - 34 with a history of endometriosis (diagnosed at 14, 4 x surgeries, lots of hormonal treatments). DH is 32 with MIF (low morphology & motility, but decent sperm count). TTC for 12 months, now seeing Dr Warren DeAmbrosis. I'm starting with Synarel and then he's got me on 350iu of FSH daily. (there is more, but it's still all a bit overwhelming - our first QFG appt is next week so we'll have more info then).

I would have started a cycle on the 3rd of this month, but we wanted to wait so that i could be sure to get maternity leave (new job). I'm in Brisbane and would love to get to know other Brisbane mums-in-waiting to share the journey with.

I've told family and a few friends - some are so excited, but others are worried and keep telling me how BIG it is and how stressful and BIG it will be... I know they mean well, but DH and I have agreed that while we're happy to tell people, they won't know dates, when we're going in for EPU/ETs etc. I don't want people constantly asking how it's going, especially if we've not been successful.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome kandp good luck! I start my stimulated cycle around April 15th here in Melbourne.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies this is my first post on BH. Can i join in?
    Today dh and I made the decision to start #1 ICSI hopefully in mid to late April depending on AF. I am 34 and live in sydney. I have no probs but DH 32 -MF Low sperm count and low motility .
    I am nervous and excited but happy I am finding other ladies in Australia going through the same emotions. GL ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi KandP!
    I am in Brisbane and just about to start cycling.
    Good luck and hope we can catch up at some stage!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome ladies!!! I'm dying to start! Good luck and baby dust I hope lots of bfp's pop up in here in the next few months

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (02-03-2012)

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome ladies and goodluck for when the time comes!

I had to go for my follow up bloods today to see if my levels have gone back to 0, and the girl doing my bloods asked me how my levels were going (obviously not knowing) and I had to explain to her that this was the blood test to confirm everything is gone. It was a little upsetting, but she made a few good points about our first cycle which made me feel maybe 1% better

I just still can't believe this is all happening. Maybe I'm not ready for another cycle even though it will be late march/early april?

Thanks
    Reviews
    ROLL CALL

Limbo Land

Waiting for AF

Pill Popping
    LillyPonds

Sniffing

Jabbing

Sniffing & Jabbing

EPU

ET

FET

TWW

Hugs needed this time

Graduates

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Welcome to KandP, Lillac & Jaebyrd. I hope your here for a short time not a long time.

KandP - I see Warren as well. He gave us our DD2 who is 10 months old. We are forever greatful to him for our precious angel.

Disney Baby - That's unfortunate about your FS moving on. I hope your new FS is just as great. It's not always a bad thing to try new things with a new FS. How awkward about your BT. Off course it was upsetting it's all so fresh and totally not what your were hoping for. .

Hope - I'm glad the OHSS has settled down. Now you can concentrate on those 7 frosties.

AFM - Well we saw FS yesterday (my appointment was changed from today to yesterday) and old dildo cam said my ovaries were quiet and no O any time soon lol. Typicall. Anyway we can start cycling in April. I started BCP last night and I'll start sniffing (synarel) on day 8 of pill popping so because of Easter and FS being away etc.... I'm to stay on BCP until 26th March and then wait for AF. Hoping she doesn't take 2 weeks like last time but anyway we shall see. I'l also mack on Biabex/metformin. 1 tablet per day for a week and each week I increase it until I'm on 4 per day. I had nausea last time with it so I expect I'll have it again. It's all for a good cause .

to us all!

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilly - Can I please be added to Waiting for AF please? I still have a loooooooong months wait until I can start again.
    Silly ovaries! I am hoping mine decide to work while I'm waiting and bless me with a natural BFP, but is what I think of that!
    I hope AF shows up on time for you...and me!

KandP - Welcome and goodluck! I found the TWW of my first cycle to be the absolute worst part. I hope your first cycle goes smoothly!

Lillac - Welcome and goodluck to you too!

AFM - I just have some questions about FET's. I know that I can ask my new FS at my appt, but it isn't until March 21st and I can't wait that long lol.

How does an FET work embryo wise? Do they thaw out all of your embryos to see which ones make it and then re-freeze the ones that don't use, or do you have to decide how many you want to thaw and hope it makes it?

I only have 3 frosties, so I'm a little concerned.

Also, I know clinics have their own protocol, but how common is it to have to pill pop before a new cycle? Nobody at my clinic has mentioned anything about it to me, but I don't want to be suprised with bad news at my appt if they tell me I have to pill pop first because then I will have to wait another month!

My understanding is that I go see my new FS on the 21st, then wait for AF (which should be a week later) and then start my FET cycle, which to my understanding is just bloods and scans to see when they can put the embryo back in. Is that right?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Disney Baby For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (25-03-2012),LillyPonds  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ROLL CALL

Limbo Land

Waiting for AF
    Amandamoo

Pill Popping
    LillyPonds

Sniffing

Jabbing

Sniffing & Jabbing