+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies.

We have 3 frosties, so I think we will grow the first thawed one to day 5 and if for some reason it doesn't grow, they will still take out a day 3 to transfer back. I can see the good and bad sides of growing to day 5, but I think we should take the chance.
    I think my new FS will also let us put 2 back if this second cycle doesn't work. She said to me "So, you have 3 embryos left and your just going to put them back one by one?"...it's the way she said it that makes me think she might let me put 2 back one day

I forget what I was going to reply to on the previous page lol, so I will have to do personals when I come back from my nurses appointment.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney Baby For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (22-03-2012)

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, I just wanted to add that I noticed the "IVF babies due Oct, Nov and Dec" is up.....now I'm sad

My munckin was due October 29th

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney Baby For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (22-03-2012)

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    Oh, I just wanted to add that I noticed the "IVF babies due Oct, Nov and Dec" is up.....now I'm sad

My munckin was due October 29th
    Big hugs!!!

I get sad knowing that working our asses off we are already looking at 2013 babies at the least!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

Disney Baby  (22-03-2012),LillyPonds  (22-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    au contraire!

Some of us are still hoping for December babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel the same Ally. I was so praying that I got a natural BFP this cycle because it means I would be due in December, and a 'psychic' told me last year that they see GIRL/DEC.
    I didn't get a BFP last December, but maybe she meant I will have the baby THIS December? Well, that's all gone out the window now because I am 10DPO and feel AF already

I don't mind a 2013 baby because 13 is my fav number, but I'm not a fan of the months Jan-May (don't ask why...I'm just weird)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't mind a 2013 bub if that's what will happen. Because DD2 will be 1 in May so IF we get a BFP this cycle then DD2 will be 4 months shy of 2. I don't mind a small age gap but 2 years would be perfect I think.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's true. A lady out of no where told dh we'd conceive in the first 6 months of 2012 and have a little girl but I'm already losing faith with all these dramas with ivf :.(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ally - If what she says is true, we are only in month 3 of the year, and you may very well get your BFP on your first IVF cycle!

The tablets I'm on a Progynova. I take 2mg from day 2-9 and then 4mg from day 9-ET.
    I also got some pesseries for after transfer, but I am going to use the rest of my crinone first because I still have most of my box left, and if I get a BFP again, I will use the pessaries.

A nurse or embryologist is going to call me this afternoon aswell to tell me how many cells my other embryos are and advise what they think about growing to day 5. I also took the pamphlet about the free councelling aswell because I think I am definately going to need it in my next 2WW.
    DH said he won't do another cycle if I act the same way I did with my first 2WW (I was a total mess). He said that it won't be the end of IVF for us, but it will be a fair few months before he would want to do it again and that I would have to prove that I am more 'grown up' about it...fair enough I guess, but that's why I got the pamphlet hehe

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney Baby For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (22-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    An embryologist just called me back and I decided to thaw all 3 and try to grow to day 5. I didn't realize that you could re-freeze an embryo that grows but isn't needed that cycle.

She also told me that I have 2x8 cell embryos and 1x9 cell

I asked her why they didn't put the 9 cell one back in first if it was the 'best' one, and she told me "good question" lol. She ended up answering it for me but I can't remember what she said, but she told me that they would leave the 9 cell to transfer last. I am expecting atleast 1 dud embryo in the bunch, but now that I know that I have a 9 cell on day 3 waiting and that they will use it last, it just confirms my bad feeling about this cycle. That one of my 3 embryos won't grow, the one they transfer will be a BFN, which means my 9 cell embryo will hopefully be my baby!

For the first time in a few weeks, I am feeling somewhat positive about IVF again. Now that I know the cell count and grade of my 3 embryos (Grade 2), I have that 'proud' butterfly feeling in my belly like I did when I first found out how many embryos I had. I feel proud that I technically have 3 children and they are all behaving properly hehe.
    I also felt proud of my first embryo for implanting and doing the right thing, but for some reason it wasn't meant to be.

Call me crazy, but I was thinking about getting a natural BFP this cycle, and I sort of realized that I don't really want a natural BFP for now. I am not ashamed of IVF and I would have been so proud of my IVF baby if it stuck around, but now I have 3 other chances with embryos I seem to have a connection with already, and getting a natural BFP I would feel like I have cheated my other embryos. I don't know...I told you I'm weird LOL

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney Baby For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (22-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would think a BFP would be wonderful however you can get it ... and a natural one saves you the cost and heartache of IVF. I don't really understand why you wouldn't want that.

If natural was a possibility for us, I know what we'd prefer!