ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ladies

Lannie - Hi. We seem to meet again. Sorry your here again. I hope the change in protocol is the ticket.

Disney - That's such great news about your new FS. I'm so glad you like her. Your not on prednisone are you?

LiteFantastic - Thanks for updating the roll call .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all amazing April girls,

Back online after a hectic weekend at the Grand Prix in Melbourne for work. It was lots of fun to read your motorsport posts!

Welcome to our newbies GStef and Lannie

I've updated the Roll Call - congrats Meshell in the TWW already, fingers crossed those super-swimmers find their target!

Disney - great to hear your new FS is so nice, it makes all the difference during this emotional rollercoaster. My FET is $2480 this cycle.

AFM - AF arrived most unwantedly, so have booked in for our FET. First scan is next Wednesday with FET most likely Monday 2nd April. I've got acupuncture booked in to help build up my lining for a sticky bub.

Hope all our sniffers, poppers and jabbers are all going well, thinking of you and wishing us all lots of

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LiteFantastic For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (21-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey FET girls - a little tip from the lovely Eternal Optimist on the Sydney thread, is to drink pomegranate juice in the lead up to your FET, to build up your lining. It worked for her this time - after a very long road, she is UTD now! Maybe it was the pomegranate juice.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

LiteFantastic  (21-03-2012)

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilly - She didn't tell me what it was, but I have my nurses appointment tomorrow anyway so I guess I will find out then.

Lite - Were you on a natural cycle? I'm on one now and thought I may be lucky enough to get a BFP, but at 9DPO I am feeling Af'y already . Goodluck with your FET!

Meshell - I have a feeling that one will make it

I know I haven't left much time to get a response, but what do you ladies think about my previous post of growing my embies to day 5?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought 5 day blasts were supposed to have the highest success rates. That is all my clinic does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney - Mine were grown out to 5 days before they were frozen so I'm really of no help to you. Our FS now only does TF's at 5 days not 3 so maybe what Peoniesarepretty says is right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really unsure Disney. From all the reading I've done I have concluded that day 5's have the best success rates, and poor performing day 3's seem to be better at day 5 than the better grade day 3's. Does that make sense?? It is for this reason that majority of clinics in Europe do day 3 transfers to get the embie back into it's natural environment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney, yes just finished two natural cycles, the first was a hysteroscopy cycle plus antibiotics. Thought we'd got it on the second cycle but AF reared her ugly head on Monday, so back to the doc's we go....

My clinic only offers Day 2 transfers, no option for blasts has been offered to me and this will be my fourth transfer. Guess they're of the opinion that back inside is best.

Definitely getting me some of that pomegranate juice, thanks for the tip Peonies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Disney: My clininc usuually transfers at day 3 but they will do 2day or 5day. Our fresh cycle and our fet were both 3day with no success, we've discussed going to 5day which we all thought would be best to try next. We only have one emby on ice so thought that was too risky to chance on it's own, so we are doing a fresh cycle again in April. We are still in discussion over transfering more than one this time. Our clinic's head clinic in Perth only does 5day unless there are special circumstances. From what I've read if you do all the "prep work" before hand you should get a good result.

Afm: I'm glad my clinic is willing to discuss options and try other things instead of the same way each time. I go for day21 scan on April4th and will find out then what he has decided would be best for us to try next. I will hold over to May on any meds/supplements etc if he thinks that will improve our chances. I'm not the most patient person so this is killing me but we so want our family, I will do just about anything. I know there is a lot of resistance now on transfering more than 1 embryo because of the "risk" of multiples, well we say "bring it on". I'm sure we would learn to cope, my dh is the "baby" of 10 and we have people around us more than willing to help.

Good luck everyone, stay safe and well. I think the hardest part is trying not to stress so good luck with staying "calm" too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    amps - the risk of multiples doesn't refer to the risk of getting multiples. It refers to the fact that, if you do get pregnant with multiples, that becomes a very high risk pregnancy. There are so many things that can go wrong.

Having said that, we quite like the idea of twins. My DH is a twin himself and there's another set of twins in his family too. Yep - 5 kids and 2 sets of twins! All natural too (obviously, in those days). I thought it would be a nice way to carry on the family tradition, and at my age quite fancy the idea of getting 2 in one go at this point. However, I'm well aware that twin pregnancies are very high risk and there can be a lot of problems with twin babies. My DH and his family were lucky that they had no problems. My FS is pretty aginst the idea too, but he might consider it under certain circumstances.