ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 161 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome Meshell, Jemjems and Jaebyrd.

Disney-I'd be jealous too if it were someone else. We've been trying to buy for years but ttc took over and last year it was a huge financial setback, but we got there. We all have bad days too. Coming to BH finally made me realise I don't have to go through them alone and that there are many ladies out there in the exact same position willing to offer support. I love coming on here and reading others stories, it gives me hope (and a twinge of jealously at times).

AFM- Now I know whats happening on the house front I hope to cycle mid April. I already know which room is going to be my nursery and I have so many ideas in my head, is that crazy?? As for embie transfer, I would opt for two if given the option. I too am in pretty good shape physically and as far as we're aware there's nothing wrong with me but I doubt I will be given the option as it will be my first cycle. Not to say I won't ask though.

Hope everyone is well

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (14-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for the welcome.
    It is really nice (and sad) to know there are ppl out there going through the same thing. And it's very nice to be able to talk to ppl that are at the same stage of cycles.
    I do have a couple of questions ( I'm a bit naive as this is my first cycle)
    How have others gone with the lucrin injections? I am fine with the injecting part but am a little concerned about drawing out the medication and making sure I'm getting the right dose :s
    Also this is my first time ever taking the pill.. I am having some ovary type pain.. Which I find quite weird. :s and TMI but I go from being constipated to having to go every 5 minutes every 2nd day. And just feeling off.. I am not sure if it's the pill doing it or I'm just stressing a bit over every symptom.

Thanks for your help.. Hope your all having fantastic days.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JemJems For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (14-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to our new thread joiners, wishing us all lots of luck and patience this cycle!

Meshell - we've finally been given the option of transferring two frozen embys but if we have stim again my FS will only transfer one freshie. My doc is very cautious and has counseled us against the risks but also understands there's a mental health issue for the mum-to-be - needing to know you've done everything possible. It's definitely a toughie.

Disney - a girl in my team is about to go on maternity leave. We would have been due at the same time if my first transfer ( perfect 8 cell ) hadn't become an ectopic. It's SO much harder to get a MC than a BFN because you are tracking where you should have been vs other people. It will get easier, but letting go and accepting it will happen when it's supposed to is something I struggle with everyday.

Ngaiz - congrats on the house, bring on checking off item #2!

AFM 9dpo of my natural cycle, not sure where this one is going

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LiteFantastic For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (14-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so frustrated! I'm waiting for AF to arrive and it's 2 days late. I wish i had cause to be excited, however for the last few weeks my husband has been sick with pneumonia which means that he's been unwell, laid up and not in any kind of amorous mood (understandably). I'm getting impatient because once AF arrives, I start counting down until I can start sniffing Synarel! My boobs are heavy and sore, i'm getting cramping, irritability and i'm feeling far less resilient than usual (compounded by my husbands illness, but all classic PMT signs for me), but NO AF!!! ARGGH!!!

I saw a discussion regarding ovulation symptoms - I get quite severe Mittelschmerz (hehe, the awesome way to say ovulation pain ) pretty much bang on, but only get sore and heavy boobs every second or third month... but the pain is quite sharp on whatever side i guess i'm ovulating on? It sometimes gets to the point that i need painkillers.

As for Synarel side-effects - I've actually taken Synarel before - I was 16 and it was the mid-90s and Synarel had only recently come on the market. I was one of the first group of females to use it in Australia, i believe. I had been on various OCP and other hormones (including Danazol - testosterone) to manage my endometriosis, and i found that, compared with the Microgynon 50 (I literally felt like i was going insane) and Danazole (i started growing dark hair on my chin and chest - yay), Synarel was a walk in the park, side-effects-wise. In saying that, i *was* only 16, my 34 year old body may react differently now. I really don't care, though - It's a small trade-off for a hopefully wonderful outcome.

In other news, my DH had the SCSA test results back - the result being 19.4% DNA fragmentation... not optimum but still just in the normal range. This was before he started on the regimen that Wazza has put him (and i) on - gogi berries, pepitas, aloe juice and a whole extra swag of supplements. Wazza isn't too worried about things - we're doing a PICSI cycle, i believe, anyway?

love to you all, and lets hope we have even more good news coming out of April/May <3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KandP For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (14-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Disney - It's always tough to hear about your fellow belly buddies progress. Your always saying 'Why me". I stay away from those threads because it's too painful. I'm happy to share my experiences .

KandP - I hope AF comes. I had to wait 2 weeks for her after stopping BCP lol. I'm praying and hoping I don't have to wait that long this time. I hear your frustration. She just never cooperates when you need her too .

JemJems - I haven't done lucrin. I have only done puregon. With mine I just wind the pen up to the right dose. I always wonder if I'm getting the right dose but with regular scans your FS will decide what needs to be done. When I first started doing it I wasn't doing it properly as in I didn't realize that the pen had unscrewed a bit and when I was winding up my dose and injecting I actually wasn't injecting ANYTHING. I did that for 2 days! I confessed my sins to FS and he just upped my dose and I made sure that the pen was screwed together before winding up and jabbing. I was in a flap I tell you.

LiteFantastic - If nothing comes of this natural cycle at least AF will be on time lol. FX for a natural miracle .

Ngaiz - I don't think your crazy for planing a nursery. Your looking toward a future with a baby. It's exciting.

Jaebyrd - Welcome

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyPonds For This Useful Post:

LiteFantastic  (16-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ROLL CALL

Limbo Land
    Allymumtobe
    Ngaiz
    LiteFantastic

Waiting for AF
    Amandamoo
    Disney
    Jaebyrd

Pill Popping
    LillyPonds
    JemJems

Sniffing

Jabbing
    Misty - lucrin. start puregon on 14th March
    Meshell23

Sniffing & Jabbing

EPU

ET

FET

TWW

Hugs needed this time

Graduates

Thanks
    Reviews
    ROLL CALL

Limbo Land
    Allymumtobe
    Ngaiz
    LiteFantastic

KandP - until the 3rd April

Waiting for AF
    Amandamoo
    Disney
    Jaebyrd

Pill Popping
    LillyPonds
    JemJems

Sniffing

Jabbing
    Misty - lucrin. start puregon on 14th March
    Meshell23

Sniffing & Jabbing

EPU

ET

FET

TWW

Hugs needed this time

Graduates

Last edited by KandP; 15-03-2012 at 09:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lillyponds - I'm waiting for good old natural AF now - she should have arrived on the 12th or so, and i've had symptoms leading up, but maybe on some level i'm feeling anxious about it starting, which can definitely affect when she arrives. I remember in Feb last year, when we had just started trying, AF was 9 days late and i thought for SURE I was UTD. Sadly I wasn't (that i know of anyway).

It's the ONE time that I want it to arrive and the one time it doesn't! hehe.

DH is slowly recuperating from pneumonia - he's still in some pain, but it's more localised and he's not coughing heaps - still not DTD for us, as the last thing you want to do is that when sick... we've DTD before when not feeling like it (baby-making DTD), but we won't go that far for it. I know that he's disappointed that we could try once more before we start the IVF cycle, but them's the breaks.

It's so frustrating! I can feel cramps!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KandP For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (14-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KandP - She is just a witch. I don't think she's a good witch either . It's always the way. When we want her to come she doesn't when we don't want her to come she does. It's a cruel game she likes to play .

I'm glad your DH is on the mend. I hope BD'ing can resume soon lol.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jaebyrd - Welcome and goodluck!

Ngaiz - Usually I love coming on here and chatting too, but for the past few days I have just been feeling so down that I feel like coming on here is doing more worse than good.
    As for knowing which room is the nursery...not crazy at all!

LiteFantastic - I had a perfect 8 cell aswell and it just breaks my heart when I think about how it didn't stick.
    I am 2DPO of a natural cycle. Hopefully we won't need another round of IVF!

KandP - My AF has been a regular 30 days for almost a year now, but while I was waiting for her for my first cycle, she was 2 days late. She is a right pain!

Meshell - I hope you get your BFP!

everyone else!

AFM - 2DPO of a natural cycle, although I'm fairly certain I didn't even O. Usually I get O pains on the day of +OPK, but I didn't start getting pain until the night of 1DPO and this morning. I have a feeling that my follie is just still growing and growing and won't release, which is the norm for me I guess with my stupid PCOS! It's so disheartening knowing that I CAN'T even get a natural BFP because my STUPID body doesn't work properly!
    After DTD I also had some old brown mucus. What could that have been?

I think I'm going to need to give BH a break for a few days. I don't know what it is, but for the past few days I have just been feeling so emotional about everything that is happening. On one hand I can't wait until I get AF so that I can start my FET, but I'm also not looking forward to it because I am convinced it will be a BFN already. Then I felt positive about getting a natural BFP while I wait, but now that 'O' time has come and gone, it reminded me that I DO have all of these problems which is why we need IVF in the first place.

It's just not fair. When it is time for baby #2, I would hope that we wouldn't need IVF again, but my body just can't do it and it is really upsetting. I hate that we put so much bloody money into this and it is sometimes for nothing!

Sorry for my vent, but I had to get it out there.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney Baby For This Useful Post:

LiteFantastic  (16-03-2012)