+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sewing

Dd has started school and I want to do something for me before getting back into work/study. I want to learn how to sew mainly so I can make cute dresses for dd and maybe me. I have a sewing machine in laybuy :-D so how should I got about this and did you find it easy or hard? I was thinking if taking a class at spotlight on there website it says they have them.

Me and She - 4

Sent from my iPhone using Bubhub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sewing is a great hobby. I'm self-taught, but I would recommend doing lessons as my skills are very basic. I get lots of easy patterns from Pinterest, and also take apart some of my old clothes to make patterns.

A friend has recently started going to lessons run at a Janome sewing centre and loves them. I think she has a project that she works through during the lesson.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm the same as SalsaMama...I taught myself (though as she said, I'm very basic). I bought and found free patterns for things like kids shorts (really easy) and pillowcase dresses and started from there. Most of the patterns I got came with really good tutorials and anything I didn't know, I used YouTube or just googled it.

My kids are now getting a bit over the novelty of mummys handmade clothes, so now I'm looking at trying soft toys. When I get a chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I reckon a class is a great idea as it can be scary at first working out what the attachments are for, doing a bobbin, threading the machine etc, and you'll have a teacher there to answer all your questions. And don't be afraid to get some scrap material or an old tea towel and have a go at all the different stitches. It's a great sense of achievement to make something yourself, no matter how simple. Good luck! I hope to get back into sewing son, once bub is born, and am going to have a crack at a pram liner.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mopeg For This Useful Post:

blackdog  (22-03-2012)