Dear all, can anyone clarify if I'm entitled to PPL and/or BB with a Partner Temporary Visa Subclass 820 please?
I visited centrelink this week and was told I was not eligible for PPL or BB as I have a Partner temporary visa 820 (freaked me out a bit for sure). And that I was only eligible for Family Tax Benefit A which if I understand correctly is much lower payment rate. This is contradictory to the centrelink website which states below. I highlighted this to the centrelink person and she advised me to call the Family Helpline 136 150 however the wait time is huge.... BTW my partner is an Australian Citizen incase that makes a difference..
Your advice is much appreciated.
Residency Requirements as stated on Centrelink website:
What are the residency requirements?
An Australian resident is a person who resides in Australia and is one of the following:
- an Australian citizen
- the holder of a permanent visa
- a special category visa holder who is a protected special category visa holder
- a holder of a special category visa as defined in section 32 of the Migration Act 1958, or
- the holder of a visa determined by the Minister for the purposes of subparagraph 729(2)(f)(v) of the Social Security Act, including:
- visa subclass, 309, 310, 447, 451, 785, 786, 820, 826, 695, 787, 070, and
- the person is in Australia, or
- the person is temporarily absent from Australia for no more than 13 weeks, and
- the absence is an allowable absence in relation to Special Benefit under Part 4.2 of the Social Security Act.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
11-02-2012 20:28 #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
Paid Parental Leave or Baby Bonus with visa 820
Last edited by jinty1010; 11-02-2012 at 20:30.
11-02-2012 21:24 #2
I would just print that from the website and take it into centrelink if I were you... Your sub class is on the list so don't see the issue. You would need to pass the work test to be eligible for PPL.
By shy in forum Family FinancesReplies: 4Last Post: 20-09-2012, 14:24
By Cricket29 in forum Family FinancesReplies: 3Last Post: 18-08-2012, 17:40
By Doc in forum Family FinancesReplies: 6Last Post: 10-03-2012, 17:04
Baby U & The Wiggles - Toilet Training ProductsToilet training can be a testing time but Baby U is there to assist you and your toddler with the daunting task of ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Happiness thread.General Chat
Netflix - what should I watch?Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
Dr Antony Lighten - Appreciation threadpregnancy and babies through IVF
Funniest thing your kid has said to youGeneral Chat
Rude 10 year old. Ideas?General Chat
Egg/donor code discussion - South AfricaEgg Donation
Awesome Mums of Autistic kids-how many of us are there (#3)????????Parents of Children with Special Needs