+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Default Some parents!

I dropped DD at cc this morning , i was early 7:20am the centre doesn't open until 7:30am. Anyway I let myself in and DD was playing while I waited for a carer to come out, a mother arrived the same time as ne with ds 1 yr old, put Him on the ground and left without waiting for supervision to clock on! I know it is only 10 mins but I think that stinks. It's not fair on the staff, poor boy started crying so he got cuddles from me until a carer came out!! Sorry petty vent

Thanks
    Reviews
    lucky you were there. But I can get why you'd react this way. I probably would too. Maybe she saw that someone was there and was running late or something? I don't know..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I guess I feel bad for the carers in the slight chance something may have happened before 7:30 they would have blamed themselves - and I am betting the mother would have too!! They let us in early because it is so hot where we live and we can wait inside out of the heat, they don't have to do that and it would suck if one parent ruined it for the rest of us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe he thought u were the carer? I would never do that. How irresponsible. Don't you have to sign the kids in etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Yeah you do have to sign the kids into this book which she did. I guess she could have taken me as the carer but her Ds has been going there for six months and we see each other nearly every day. Maybe there was something going on but she was so casual and I can't think of a reason why I would do that. As I said petty vent just shocked me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope the carers address that issue with the parent as it is highly irresponsible!!!!! I shudder to think what she would have done if you weren't there!!!! It puts those carers in a very awkward situation!!!! 😡😡

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    The sign in book should only be placed out at 7.30am when staff are available and the centre's official duty of care begins. If it's accessible anytime before that then it's open to abuse.

Sent magically from my iPhone using
    Internet trickery

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    so she just left him without saying anything to you or a carer?
    if so thats terrible.
    and as you say its people doing things like this that will stop them from letting anyone in before 730am if it keeps happening

munchkin05 is offline just me, my boy and my baby bump
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's breaking licensing to have the children on the premis before opening times .. They will not be covered by insurance if something was to happen either
    We have the rule that we do not unlock the doors untill 630 on the dot (we open at 630)
    Parents are more than welcome to wait on the veranda or in the car park but are not allowed to enter the center

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a bit concerned that you are going in 10 minutes before they open as technically the centre will have no insurance in case something does happen outside of work hours unless staff have an accident.Whilst your child was in your care during this time if something was to happen they would not be covered this is very bad practice. No parents should be on the premises until the centre opens according to their licensed hours. That is why if your centre closes and you are late to collect your child you will often find them sitting with staff drawing or reading as their insurance ends for the day once the centre closes. If staff at any of my centre's let parents in early they would be fired or at least placed on warnings.We always have parents ringing the doorbell before we open but we tell them to wait to the correct time.