+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH took 2 weeks in total, but stretched it out over 3 by going part time in the 2nd and 3rd week. With #2 it was 1 week off, then part time the 2nd week and this time around will probably be more like the 1st.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH was really busy trying to knock over a couple of jobs that were left over from our business in time to start his new job. So he was only home for five days (including the weekend - I got out of hospy on the Thursday)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    2 weeks but Mum took 3 off after his 2 weeks. (I couldn't get out of bed for months) I needed someone to dress me and take me to the toilet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DS I had a CS and DH was home for 5 weeks (combination of AL & paternity leave)

Am having another CS with this bub and DH has 8 weeks off (paternity/carers leave as he will be the 'primer carer'). My recovery with my first CS wasn't great, so I think I'll definitely need him home for a few weeks especially with an active 2 year old as well....but I'm sure I'll be more than ready for him to return to work after the 8 weeks

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    2 weeks paid paternity from day I was induced - then worked for a week before he took annual leave (pre-organized) for 3 weeks.

drove me completely batty.

this time - just the 2 weeks paid leave. he has saved all his annual leave (has 6 wks) but said that I'd rather he get 1 wk off every 3-4 weeks in case I need a respite then.

to the OP - can you ask him to just get the 2 wks or so ... then if you need him he can extend it? or work a week and then have a week off?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH will only be taking a couple of days! Baby is due his 2nd week of prac (great timing ) and they've given him permission to take a couple of days off however he has to make up all the days he missed in his holidays - and he only gets one week holidays!

Not ideal but hey is life ever ideal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    none lol,
    he actually worked 4am - 8am the morning ds was born (10pm ds was born)

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    4 days + the weekend. 2 days of which I was in labour.

This baby he's put in for 3 weeks but might go back after 1 week - we'll see how we feel, juggling between what I need, what DF wants & what it's costing us. DF has no paid leave accrued (new job)

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    With DS he had just lost he's job think and was about to start a new one do I think it worked out to be about a week off from when we got home .

With DD he went to work the day after I got home from hospital as he had again started at a new company and they wouldnt allow him any leave.

Sent from my iPhone

Me  Dh
    DS -2 years 
    DD - 10 months 💜

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had our DS 2 weeks ago and DH will be taking about 3 months off. I had a Caesar so he's taking 4 weeks carers leave then he has to have an op so will have 2 weeks sick leave and then he gets 4 weeks paternity leave so will take that.

It's our first and he's been v hands on (does most of the nappy chgs, settles in night). He's also been a godsend with cooking and he has to chauffeur us around.

I think I'll be really upset when he goes back to work!