+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do I have antenatal depression?

I am 10weeks pregnant, I am constantly crying, stressing myself out and making myself sick,I can never think happy or see myself being happy ATM, it's affecting my relationship. I have a 2yr old & I'm grumpy & just want to sit on the couch all day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs to you. If you are this upset/ down you really should see a doctor. They will help you or defer you yo someone who can and look into where these feelings ate coming from. Are you happy about being pregnant? I am sure your aware that feeling that way is not good for your unborn child or your other child. I really hope you get some help and can start enjoying what should be a very happy time for you all x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was the same and although I didn't go and see anyone at the time I believe I had AND. Probably a good idea to go and talk to your GP I am sure someone else will come along with more advice...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good advice. There is no need to suffer in silence. It's also worth remembering that there are lots of women (and men) out there going through the same thing. I am currently researching this subject for an article and I wondered whether any women who have been through this or are going through prenatal or antenatal depression would talk to me about their experience, anonymously of course?
    Please get in touch: amandajwoodard@gmail.com

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummytopeanut View Post
    I am 10weeks pregnant, I am constantly crying, stressing myself out and making myself sick,I can never think happy or see myself being happy ATM, it's affecting my relationship. I have a 2yr old & I'm grumpy & just want to sit on the couch all day.
    Hi Mummytopeanut, I'm sorry that I have not seen this thread until now.

First of all; I'm very sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time at the moment.

I had antenatal depression (AND) during my last pregnancy, and I can relate to what you are describing. It is early in your pregnancy, and quite common to feel emotional and overwhelmed during pregnancy at times, (due to fluctuating hormones, feeling concerned and nervous about the unknown etc.) but I think you are doing the right thing by acknowledging that you are struggling, and reaching out for some more support, etc. It could be that you are developing AND, and I definitely think it is worth mentioning how you are feeling to your loved ones and your GP. Please insist on your concerns being taken seriously. The sooner your mental health needs are addressed, and you have preventative measures in place, the better the outcome after birth is likely to be.

In addition to seeing your GP or other perinatal health professionals during your pregnancy, there might be other services in your community who can be helpful for you in this time. I can really recommend that you call PANDA. (Post and Antenatal Depression Association - Call 1300 726 306) PANDA provides phone counselling and information and referrals to support services. They have a large database with information about perinatal support services in the community. I have had many dealings with them, and they have always been brilliantly helpful and supportive!

And I don't know if you have seen this thread, but here is some bubhub information about AND.
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...pression-(AND)

Please look after yourself, and please know that you are not alone.