+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for sperm donor in Brisbane

I'm a single 21 year old lesbian looking to start a family. After cosidering many many options ive decided to try self-insemination with donor sperm. I work in childcare and its driving me crazy! I've wanted to start a family ever since I can remember. Even my niece has beaten me too it! I'd love to hear from people in the same boat as me, experiences, advice on where to find a donor etc.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    check out www.diy-baby.com

this site is where i met the man who became my donor - a lovely bloke who already has a family but was happy to help. I met a few strange souls as well so ask lots of questions and do lots of research.

you may even find someone willing to donate on bubhub

goodluck with your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, before I sign up for this site I was just wondering what processes they have to ensure there are no stds/aids that could be transferred?

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would say you pay for donor screening. It's recommended you screen once and then again 6 months later in case they've contracted anything before the original screen could pick it up. If clear after 6 months - go for gold.

Good luck OP! My partner and I are going to be trying later this year with IUI and donor sperm purchased from the clinic we're going through. Is this an option for you? I'm not sure what the sperm bank situation is like in QLD - we're in NSW.

I'm not sure how we'd go about finding a donor otherwise. Have you asked your friends? You never know, someone might know someone...

for you
    Last edited by rainbow road; 07-02-2012 at 21:42.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for sperm donor in Canberra

Hi I'm a 41 year old woman. My husband is 50 this year and has had a vasectomy. We would dearly love to have a baby. We both realise that perhaps time is against us, but would love to meet a man willing to help us by providing ''their magic little swimmers' for home AI. We feel that sperm donors (any donors really) are truly wonderful, selfless people and would be incredibly grateful to meet anyone willing to help. It would be a dream come true to us if we were able to concieve and have a child. We could really only meet people that live in Canberra, as we do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We dont have sperm banks here that i know if most places will only offer donor sperm for infertile women. The one place i found that will allow single women to access sperm (only in IVF treatment) costs upwards of $7000 and that just isnt an option. Tricky business.

Thanks
    Reviews
    this is just not right is it? How then do Lesbian (and homosexual) couples become parents? Except for generous friends etc. Good luck. I hope you are able to find a wonderful donor. At least you are young and have the option to wait for the right person to come along. Good Luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No longer a donor
    Last edited by DanielNZ; 23-05-2013 at 20:39.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Do any fertility clinics in QLD have arrangements with international sperm banks? This is the option we've gone for as there's no waiting list. It costs a lot more than local sperm though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Do any fertility clinics in QLD have arrangements with international sperm banks? This is the option we've gone for as there's no waiting list. It costs a lot more than local sperm though.
    We went through Fertility Gold Coast and used US sperm, from memory it was about $950 a vial. Apparently it is generally better quality than the Australian stuff though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub