I don't think there is any necessity for landlords to use a tradie for jobs other than electrical/ gas related, e.g. they can use an uninsured/ unqualified person to install kitchen cupboards etc.

But I do think that it would be the landlords responsibility to ensure they had adequate insurance, or they'd be covered in the landlords property insurance rather than you being liable.