+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Sick bubba can't sleep :(

This is more of a vent than anything. I'm just feeling frustrated and worried and tired and want to share.

DS has been sick the last 3 days - a gastro thing although yesterday and today there's been no more spewing and pooing but he's obviously still miserable.

Poor little man can't sleep. He just dozes on me but when I try to put him down he screams. He's not even falling asleep on me, just trying to. I've tried feeding him, rocking him, cosleeping, and he just can't sleep. He's soooo tired. So am I!

Will he go back to his normal sleeping habits when he gets better or is he going to expect all night booby and cuddles on mum's chest from now on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awww your poor baby! and poor you! how old is your Lil man? Is this baby number 1? =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He's 12 months and he's my first. He's never been sick except for a cold before. He's so miserable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no

I'm so sorry your little man has been so sick . Can hubby take a day personal leave or anything like that so you can sleep?

I've found that DS has gone back to normal reasonably quickly after he has been sick like this. Even after terrible nights where I have held him all night in the rocker it hasn't done any harm really. I find that he wakes a little more for a night or two then back to normal (not that DS's sleeping is ever that normal!!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks KK. I'm giving him as much booby and cuddles as he wants but of course I'm a little bit scared that all our work over the past 6 months is being undone. Thanks for reassuring me.

My dad can come and help out today and I should be able to nap so I'll be ok. I'm just worried about little Mr here, he needs sleep to get better and he's had basically none for days and days. Fingers crossed he gets better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does panadol make him any more comfortable? I've given DS the suppositories before when he has had an upset stomach and they work really well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah he's on a steady dose of panadol. I think it helps. He's still tired and miserable though. If he's not better tomorrow I'll take him back to the doctor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ow gosh this is tough.... I'm sure he will fall back into his usual routine once he is feeling better. If you can possibly offload some other stuff so that you can have some quiet time over the next few days and catch up on some rest I'm sure you'll both be back to normal very soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. He's still not asleep. I got half an hour out of him since 4.30am.

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh the poor thing I was actually wondering how he was doing . Was going to pm you .

Hang in there , one day they are so sick and remarkably they can just begin to improve so much . You know the run I've had with my kids . Seriously , through winter and spring it was a nightmare they were both sick what felt like every single week and I did not do a thing in the house , if I so much as moved from the couch they would scream hysterically , they both clung to me for dear life . Dh would get home and is literally have to have him slide in under me just so I could go to the toilet . So it's all normal but very very frustrating :-(

My kids reverted back to their crap sleep patterns pretty much straight away once they are better . You know that I'm beyond worrying about sleep and what they do but even I sometimes begin to stress thinking " oh no , what if this becomes a habit and they never want to sleep anywhere but on the couch with me , or what if they never stop waking every half hour lol. It actually made me appreciate their horrendous sleeping when they returned to it !

I hope he feels better soon , before you know it he'll be back to normal . The amount of times I've said " that's it , I'm taking them to the children's hospital in the morning as im getting worried " then bang , they wake up on the improve . I feel so sorry for sick kids :-(

Love kitty xoxo

Sent from my iPhone

Me  Dh
    DS -2 years 
    DD - 10 months 💜