+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default PreSchool vs long daycare

What is the difference? Is there? My friend asked how my 4yo is going at preschool, I said, she is still going to daycare(preschool room) she has her son in a C & K preschool, but for me the hrs don't suit as I work! So is there much difference from one to the other?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've worked in both. I don't think there is. LDC is convenient for parents who work because of extended hours. I currently work in LDC and the room leader in preschool room. We do all the school transistion preparation as preschools
    If LDC works for you and your ds. He is happy and getting his needs met I wouldn't worry and wouldn't considered changing care options

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In WA preschool is compulsory but kindy which comes the year before is not (well not til 2013 anyway) but for this year we can choose to send our kids to LDC but I have found it very different as to what the children do during the day at kindy. I found kindy to be more structured towards preparing them for preschool like learning how to use scissors and being acsessed as to what their level of skills are including social skills and the normal feedback and reports you get when they go to school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it really depends on the centre your child attends, my son went to one a few years ago where the pre prep room were sat in front of a tv all day, I asked them how is this preparing them for school, they had no answer! I pulled him out and he stayed home with me, the centre my younger two are at now is great! I prefer LDC over c&k for the hours aswell