We started talking about having another... DD is 18 months and has always been a very energetic child... Really tough going at times... DS is 4mo and is a great baby, in the first 2-3 mths after DS was born it was hell... DD was a nightmare snd we vowed never again... We have no family here. But then DD seems to have turned a corner and us a much happier bub, so of course we have put the diffuculty of the past 4 mths to the back of our minds.
So do we try again? I want to go back to uni to study Midwifry so we would have to get Preggers sooner rather than later, but im bfing DS and dont want to stop!
Really dont know what to do. We both said if we accidentally fell pregnant again we woulc be thrilled but another part of me thinks we have 2 healthy beautiful babies, be thankful and get on with our lives. Its not like we would missing anything by not having another one. Financially we can have another...
DH is booked in for his appointment in 2 weeks...
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 11
03-02-2012 09:24 #1
We were all set for DH to get the snip and then...
03-02-2012 09:32 #2has left the building
- Join Date
- Dec 2008
Well i would cancel the appointment until you are sure it is something you both want - there are obviously doubts so definitely don't get the snip for now.
Whether you go ahead with another is up to you but keep the option open until you are certain you are done.
03-02-2012 09:39 #3
DH was due to have the snip in August and despite us having a number of discussions we were adamant we were happy with the 2 we had but when it came down to it I just couldn't have him go through with it!
Fast forward to Nov and what do we get - a BFP - this bub was meant to be!
Good luck with your decision, I would postpone for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to lulu21 For This Useful Post:
03-02-2012 09:40 #4Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
I agree with MM, maybe try some less permanent contraceptions for now until you are both 100% sure with the decision.
The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:
03-02-2012 10:12 #5
You may end up regretting it. You dont have to decide today whether you do or don't want another, so there's no harm in delaying a permanent contraceptive.
Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!
03-02-2012 10:36 #6-
- Join Date
- Jul 2010
We were in a similar situation - we thought we were done after 2. I'd gone back to work part time and had planned on applying for grad medicine the following year. We got rid of most of the baby stuff told everyone who asked if we were having more "Nope! We're done. Two's enough for us"
Then I couldn't shake the feeling that our family wasn't complete, so we decided to have another.
DP had his appointment after DD3 was born and is on the wait list and we both feel fine about him getting it done now (the 50 minute car trip to the specialist with 3 kids in the back reinforced our decision lol).
Anyway, like others have said, I'd suggest postponing the appointment until you're 100% sure
Last edited by 1234Guest; 03-02-2012 at 10:52.
03-02-2012 10:44 #7
We did the same thing, had DH booked in when my youngest was about 8 months, but I changed my mind last minute and he canceled the appointment.
3 years on and now I am SURE that I don't want anymore babies. I don't regret not having it done though, I'm glad that we waited. I think I needed that extra time to be sure.
03-02-2012 10:48 #8
03-02-2012 10:58 #9Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
I would definitely cancel the appointment for now. If your questioning your decision and there is even a remote chance you will want another baby then don't rush in to anything for now. You can always book in again at a later time if you both decide you are definitely happy with what you have. It would be terrible to have it done and then regret it forever..
03-02-2012 11:13 #10
If in doubt, pop one out
The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:
By knomie in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & ChatReplies: 13Last Post: 19-05-2012, 08:04
Sudocrem / InfacolSudocrem® Healing Cream is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash, eczema, ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Funniest thing your kid has said to youGeneral Chat
Largest bassinets on market?Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
Chickenpox after being immunised?Pro-Vaccination
Mixed slumber partyGeneral Chat
Primary IVF SydneyConception & Fertility General Chat
Pokemon go. Chat #2General Chat
Selling your house privately...General Chat
Cashless society - all for it, or disagree?General Chat