+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dh & I have actually spoken about this. Without knowing much about the procedure, he said he would. And I would be proud of him.

Our Family means the world to us and our son has brought us so much joy.

If we can help someone else have a family who are unable to create that for themselves, what an amazing gift that would be.

We will probably look into it further in the next few years.

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes & yes, and it is something we will be looking into once we have completed our family. Although we would want it to be a known donation so we can see the couple are committed.
    I am hopefully going to be a surrogate one day too - It hurts my heart to think that two people who are in love & would love children couldn't be able to have them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbity Babbity View Post
    Why don't more people donate sperm?

In my view, it's not invasive (not to mention, fun for the man), they sign away their legal rights, and it help others. It just seems so simple.

I asked my DH and he said he would do it, so long as the IP's had no interest in hitting him up for CS and he had no further responsibility. He's only requirements would be that he believe the people he donated to would be committed parents.

Would your DH/P be happy to donate sperm?
    Would you be happy for your DH/P to donate?
    It's a personal choice and not one that should be taken lightly, its not a simple choice to make. And no my dh wouldn't feel comfortable donating his and not knowing his child/children and nor would I be comfortable with him having children out there somewhere that are part of someone else. Same applies re me donating my eggs.
    And nor would we accept donor sperm if it was our only option as my dh wouldn't accept s child that wasn't biologically his and i don't want a child to another man.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

ohdear  (01-02-2012)

mystical mumma is offline * ʇı ǝןoʇs sǝıɹıɐɟ ǝɥʇ ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ ʇsoן ʇuǝʌɐɥ ı *
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Neither myself or my DH are comfortable with the idea.

Not really keen on our kids hooking up with a sibling at some stage through their life.

DH would not have a child out there without knowing it, and as his wife, I feel that that child would be part mine as well and the idea doesn't sit well with me either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by jake's mum; 05-02-2012 at 08:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    maybe ive watched too many soapies but i would be worried that one of our children would meet/fall in love/marry/have a kid with a child that was concieved fron DHs sperm. i know the chances are really slim but it would put me off it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbity Babbity View Post
    It just seems so simple.
    Love your idea of simple, his sperm is mine and my eggs are his would not want it any other way

What there should be more of is blood donations and or organ donations now that's simple your dead

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ohdear For This Useful Post:

squirrelex  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a friend who has beaten cancer but cannot have children (chemo ruined her eggs). I would consider donating to her but I don't think I would for a complete stranger..
    And as previous posters have mentioned, i would feel uncomfortable knowing DH fathered various other children around the country

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i'd like to know that.. xp and i didn't want to go to a clinic and spent 2.5 years on the ttc path, most of that time donor searching. they're all in sydney and melbourne, none up here in brisbane. sucks.
    i will probably look at egg donation once my own family is finished, repay some of that debt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No and no Totally not against it as I have pcos and still can't believe I have conceived normally twice now and 15 weeks pregnant with twins all naturally but I can't help think of the woman that can't have children or the same sex relationships that really want children but to be with someone who has donated or donates I couldn't handle that knowing one of his children are out there and he will never meet them we've both agreed on this as his kids are his life and he would feel as if he's giving one of his children away to strangers we both couldn't emotionally handle it tbh but if anyone else is happy to donate I'm all for it as it helps so many people have that loving family they have always wanted :-)