+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Unicorn17 Definitely worth it!! I'm so excited for you. Thanks for sharing and taking time replying appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Demz2017 View Post
    Hello!!! Its nice to hear from you again Birdface! I was wondering how you are going and congratulations with your pregnancy!!! I just came out from another failed cycle and we have finally decided to end this heartache journey so I visited bubhub again for more information. As per this thread, two ladies went over to Damai and got pregnant successfully so I went and did a google on Toh Lu Yee and found out she is no longer working at Damai. Anyway long story short I have contacted a few clinics in KL including Damai. I am still waiting for another one to reply before I can start comparing them. So far Damai seems to be the cheapest and not the fanciest. Were you happy with Alpha service and is Cherrie Chong your DE coordinator?
    Hi @Demz2017!

Thanks, we are very glad. Still crossing our fingers till the birth.

I wasn’t keen on Damai as it looked a bit bare, and I only went to visit Sunfert and Alpha. Yes, I liaise with Cherrie at Alpha over Watsapp. She’s pretty good. She also made sure I got attended to when I got to the clinic to look at the donor database, and answered my questions after checking with the nurses / doctor. We also had Sister Alice, the Head nurse who’s really switched on. The clinic is busy but they are good. Spoke English really well too. No barriers on that front. I was impressed by the transfer room. I had to go through a vacuum chamber before I was let into the theatre. Don’t have that in the Sydney clinics. Alpha also had a good reputation for winning fertility awards.

I chose a donor who looked nice, not those super cutesy heavily made up ones. Can’t tell how they really look like without makeup! Lol. The one I chose is slim, nice features, and they are usually all over 1.65m tall and have double eye lids. Lol. I have singles and not that I wanted a single but I found none with single.

My donor yielded 15 eggs (the cap at Alpha anyway - if more they don’t give you more - I think it’s for ethical reason). 8 fertilised. PGS tested, 7 were good - euploids - and graded.

I put 2 in albeit advised otherwise and 1 stuck but miscarried. The second round I put 1 in and it stuck and here I am. I’m glad I did. I have a weak cervix so I’m very cautious to keep this in. Getting stitched up this thurs.

Yes, I really like Alpha. It worked for us. There’s lots of waiting time at clinic - the whole day pretty much gone. But I trust their skills and attention to details. They look chaotic but they do good. I had Dr Tan.

Sunfert is boutique, very well presented and I liked it too. However I didn’t find a donor I liked. It seemed very limited to me. That’s why. Else I would have chosen Sunfert. They just look so pro, Sydney style clinic, organised and calm. I believe what’s meant to be is meant to be.

I must say I do attribute my successful implantation with the acupuncture I do. Day before Transfer. On day of transfer. Daily got a few days after, recommended. Followed by a week at a resort at Langkawi Island, with Japanese acupuncture pins still stuck on my body.

I wish you good luck! Do get yourself checked out for all things here in Aus before you start your cycle. For my second cycle, I saw Dr Rob Lahoud at IVF Aus to check my lining, bloods, and went on Clexane and Intralipids ($300 a pop - twice), and was on more folate and progesterone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Acupuncture in KL - I strongly recommend
    XI FERTILITY TCM CENTRE. It’s very very affordable. $20 in AUD I think, forget paying that in Sydney. In Sydney you are easily talking $100 per session!

I had Jacqueline as my acupuncturist. You can correspond with them via Facebook (Messenger). I did that to arrange my appointments etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdface View Post
    Acupuncture in KL - I strongly recommend
    XI FERTILITY TCM CENTRE. It’s very very affordable. $20 in AUD I think, forget paying that in Sydney. In Sydney you are easily talking $100 per session!

I had Jacqueline as my acupuncturist. You can correspond with them via Facebook (Messenger). I did that to arrange my appointments etc.
    @Birdface thank you so much for being so helpful and informative with your reply. I will definitely use your tips! I will keep you posted with my journey. Thanks again and good luck also with your journey!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Demz2017 For This Useful Post:

Birdface (19-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Demz2017, was wondering who you chose in the end. Also looking for a clinic in Asia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilla View Post
    Hi @Demz2017, was wondering who you chose in the end. Also looking for a clinic in Asia.
    Hi @Chilla We visited 2 clinics. Alpha and Sunfert. We went with Sunfert at the end. We personally found them more professional than Alpha in every way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Chilla We visited 2 clinics. Alpha and Sunfert. We went with Sunfert at the end. We personally found them more professional than Alpha in every way.
    Ok. I will probably check both out as well. What stage are you at?
    Did you pick a donor?
    How much does it cost for initial consultation at both clinics?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilla View Post
    Ok. I will probably check both out as well. What stage are you at?
    Did you pick a donor?
    How much does it cost for initial consultation at both clinics?
    I have problem with my shoulders at the moment. I can’t really type. I can PM you my contact number. If you would like a chat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have problem with my shoulders at the moment. I can’t really type. I can PM you my contact number. If you would like a chat.
    Sure ok