ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My brother broke his arm and collar bone within a month or two of each other - the collar bone break wasn't noticed till it started to heal and formed a calcium lump.

Anyways, both were reported and my parents were never contacted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Wow I have never been reported and I have had a big array of hospital visits including broken bones, split skin etc. This has me paranoid now!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what others have said it sounds like nothing will actually come of this but it must be a horrible feeling to have a doctor say that about you.

Imagine if you had an accident prone child, very scary to think what could happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If anything else happens, like someone reports you for it, there will be medical documentation to show what happened. It's not a negative thing, or something worth worrying about. We have to report major incidents which is a good thing. We had a toddler who split her head open at CC then soon after broke her bone at playgroup. Someone reported the mum, but documentation proved one incident happened at daycare when the mum was at work, the other happened with a dozen witnesses. It was probably a neighbour or some nosey in-law who made the report, but because of documentation she had a 10 minute interview then 2 weeks later got a letter to say she was found to be responsive and caring, and that was it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS pulled a cup of coffee off the bench when he was 2 and it was reported - he's now nearly 11 and nothing has ever come of it

I'm pleased when a Dr/teacher etc follows through on mandatory reporting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies this is very reassuring