I've worked a McDonalds for years, and I have to say the only two real horror stories I've come across there was:
1) The guy that parked at the drive through window and demanded a free cheeseburger. He wouldnt move til he got one. So the manager snorted in one, and gave it to him. The guy drove out and walked into the store and ate it at the counter with a smug look on his face, like he won.
2) The girl whose engagement ring fell into the fryer. Without thinking she instinctually stuck her hand in the hot oil to attempt to get her ring back.
I worked at Red Rooster as a Manager for 6ish months. Many horror stories!
1)As above, anything you drop on the floor prior to cooking it, you have to use it still.
2) I wouldn't eat a chicken roll if my life depended on it, no wonder it has the highest rate of food poisoning. Its made daily, with chicken from the previous day. Then put into the fridge for rotation. It can be up to 3 days before it gets used, shelf life of 5 days before it has to be thrown out. SO the chicken in them can be about 4 days old when you eat it.
3) A lot of the managers got lazy when preparing the whole chickens and wouldnt take the guts out of the chickens before stuffing them. Yep its gross to pull them out (add in morning sickness!), but I can imagine it would be a lot worse to cut into your chicken and find a whole digesive system in there. I can NEVER eat stuffing again.
4) The fish is actually cat fish from vietnam.
5) The time I had a open to do. I walked in to find the closing manager had done NOTHING. He literally walked out the door and locked up. There was food still out, a pile of dishes as high as the roof out the back, the ovens needed cleaning. I called the area manager and he told me to do the best I could. SO I had to do a close, THEN do a open, all in 1.5 hours before the store opened. IMPOSSIBLE. My kitchen hands didnt turn up, and I couldn't find any staff to fill in. One unsuspecting manager came through drive through to get a drink (prior to store opening, not unusual) and literally hooned off when I told him what had happened and asked if he could help. Area manager told the closing manager to come in early to help me clean up HIS mess, so the moment he walked in the door I walked out and never returned.
I have no issues with eating McDonalds, its the ONLY fast food place I trust. I will NEVER EVER EVER eat Red Rooster again.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 11 to 20 of 70
29-01-2012 18:06 #11-
- Join Date
- Nov 2008
29-01-2012 18:10 #12-
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
- The 'Gong, NSW
29-01-2012 18:13 #13
I have been told by a food auditor that they would never eat KFC !!!! But that macas pass the tests and they audit all takeaway stores start to finish. I still only eat the chicken at macas as I know it's chicken (not the nuggets). My daughter works there so I don't touch much other stuff.
Mother of two teens ttc #3
29-01-2012 18:20 #14
DP's dad got maggots in his Whopper from Hungry Jacks once, many moons ago.
29-01-2012 18:29 #15
My friend got a grub on her big mac in the lettuce.
29-01-2012 18:29 #16
Hubby always asks for no pickles at maccas but always double checks noticed the bun was mouldly so we went strait back the manager nearly spewed when she saw it
29-01-2012 18:30 #17
SIL bit into a breast from KFC when she was staying for our wedding 4 years ago and she said she felt/heard like a popping noise and then this yellowy slim started running down her chin we called the store and the manager said "oh the chicken may have had a tumor, it happens from time to time"
From then on KFC was banned in this house and I always refer to it as Kuntucky Yucky...
29-01-2012 18:34 #18
worked in hospitality management my whole life and now actually teach it....as part of students work they research horror stories like these.
personally, i've seen bugs in salads (cafe), a tampon (not used) in a caesar salad (cafe), spider in a salad (fine dining), rat in the deep fryer after cooking a days fries (restaurant), mouse skeleton at the bottom of a bottle of chianti (restaurant).....list is endless.
29-01-2012 18:35 #19
29-01-2012 18:42 #20Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2009
I worked at McDonald's many years ago and while I was there we had cockroaches that lived in the ice which we still had to serve, dead cockroaches in the milk that we still had to serve, we used 3 day old milk in the coffee machine, after the milk went over 3 days old we had to add it to the shake machine instead, our shake & sundae mix was watered down, anything that was dropped out the back was still served or cooked, we would sell meat at 7pm when it had still been cooked at lunch. There are more but I can't think of them atm.
By Ferney in forum Conception & Fertility General ChatReplies: 13Last Post: 23-08-2012, 09:58
By Ninenews1 in forum Research HelpReplies: 0Last Post: 05-06-2012, 16:03
By Witchypoo in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & ChatReplies: 3Last Post: 06-02-2012, 17:56
TPS Health Physiotherapy and PilatesTPS Health Physiotherapy and Pilates has three clinics located at Morningside, Redlands and Lutwyche. We offer pre and ...
LATESTGames to play with your baby – newborn to 12 monthsHow much food for babies and toddlers? Standard serves and portion sizesHow to mindfully manage a tantrum
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Finding My Cooking MojoGeneral Chat
Why did you move to AustraliaGeneral Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Booster seat for 7+Safety Issues
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #2pregnancy and babies through IVF
Come chat, Ladies who are 40+ TTC or ExpectingConception & Fertility General Chat
Increased bleeding 2 weeks post-partumPregnancy & Birth General Chat
What do you use to listen to music?Product Recommendations & Questions